Ever booked (park n cruise) hotel directly??

AnitaVacation

This fall, we will be sailing out of Baltimore (again)....we usually book a park n cruise deal thru one of the special sites....We usually stay at the Best Western on Belle Grove Rd...about $130 gets us a room with free parking and a shuttle to/from the ship....

Has anyone ever booked a hotel directly and still used the shuttle?? I went directly to the BW website and I can book the room for about $50 less....it does say free airport shuttle, it does not say free cruise shuttle....(but they do have one)...

Some hotels will offer the park/shuttle package directly on their site, but BW does not....can I just book direct??

I'd call the hotel directly on a weekday during the day to ask this question of the manager.

Some of the 3rd party resellers of park, sleep, cruise packages make arrangements with the hotel to use their shuttle services and the shuttle is available only to folks who book the package.

A $50 difference is $12.50/pp each way for 2 people.

• 2 weeks later...
This fall, we will be sailing out of Baltimore (again)....we usually book a park n cruise deal thru one of the special sites....We usually stay at the Best Western on Belle Grove Rd...about $130 gets us a room with free parking and a shuttle to/from the ship....

Has anyone ever booked a hotel directly and still used the shuttle?? I went directly to the BW website and I can book the room for about $50 less....it does say free airport shuttle, it does not say free cruise shuttle....(but they do have one)...

Some hotels will offer the park/shuttle package directly on their site, but BW does not....can I just book direct??

Contact http://www.trinityreservations.com

Their pricing includes taxes. The cheapest option is the BWI Extended Stay America @ 110.00. Other options are the Aloft @ 144 or the Best Western Elkridge @ 135.00. The first two are located in Linthicum Heights, not too far from BWI and has many eating options close by.

I booked directly with the Best Western on O'Donnel St. $150 for room and parking (plus taxes). The shuttle service was wonderful, but the hotel is dated enough and not really near anything that we plan to find somewhere else next time.

I booked directly with the Best Western on O'Donnel St. $150 for room and parking (plus taxes). The shuttle service was wonderful, but the hotel is dated enough and not really near anything that we plan to find somewhere else next time.
Check my previous post about booking through trinity....have stayed at the Aloft and it's a great modern hotel.

Check my previous post about booking through trinity....have stayed at the Aloft and it's a great modern hotel.

Thanks for the recommendation. We will probably look north though, since it seemed odd to travel south of the port for airport hotels just to go north again to go home.

We stayed at a Days Inn in Glen Burnie. It isn't the best place, but it was very comfortable and offered a pretty decant breakfast. It was also the cheapest park and cruise hotel as they allow you to park for 14 days which we needed on our last cruise.

Cheers

Len

We stayed at a Days Inn in Glen Burnie. It isn't the best place, but it was very comfortable and offered a pretty decant breakfast. It was also the cheapest park and cruise hotel as they allow you to park for 14 days which we needed on our last cruise.

Cheers

Len

Don't know what you paid, but all 3 places I mentioned in post # 3 came with 14 days of parking and the price included tax.

Don't know what you paid, but all 3 places I mentioned in post # 3 came with 14 days of parking and the price included tax.

The BW mentioned in the OPs thread only allows free parking for 10 days, NOT 14. Check their web page.

https://www.hotelnparking.com/baltimore-maryland-cruise-hotel-and-parking-search.html

We originally booked the BW but we were charged for additional days, so we switched.

We paid $109 for the Days Inn, also with a shuttle to the cruise port and 14 days of free parking.

I am not comparing the motels, but we were just looking for a bed to spend the night and a place to park for the full 14 days of our cruise.

Cheers

Len

Contact www.trinityreservations.com

Their pricing includes taxes. The cheapest option is the BWI Extended Stay America @ 110.00. Other options are the Aloft @ 144 or the Best Western Elkridge @ 135.00. The first two are located in Linthicum Heights, not too far from BWI and has many eating options close by.

The BW mentioned in the OPs thread only allows free parking for 10 days, NOT 14. Check their web page.

https://www.hotelnparking.com/baltimore-maryland-cruise-hotel-and-parking-search.html

We originally booked the BW but we were charged for additional days, so we switched.

We paid $109 for the Days Inn, also with a shuttle to the cruise port and 14 days of free parking.

I am not comparing the motels, but we were just looking for a bed to spend the night and a place to park for the full 14 days of our cruise.

Cheers

Len

The Best Western I mentioned is a different location that is in Elkridge and just like the Aloft and Extended Stay America, they all had 14 days of parking. The prices were 110, 135 and 144 and included taxes. So, if all you wanted was a place that had 14 days, I provided 3 choices for you. When you said "it isn't the best place" , describing the Days Inn you stayed at, that sort of implies that you're looking for an alternative. I provided 3 for you, all with your required 14 days of parking.

Happy Cruising.

All good suggestions from posters. I have stayed at several hotels providing shuttle service to the cruise port. One very important thing to ask is, "what time does the shuttle leave and when can I sign up for the time I want?" Many hotels do not begin their shuttle service until 10 or 10:30. If you like to arrive earlier, like I do, then you may want to get a taxi and the cruise port shuttle may not be important to you. Whatever you do, it will work out and you will have another wonderful cruise.