Swimming w/ Pigs Timing

dolfan1980

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and friends want to do an excursion in Exuma to swim with pigs. Does anyone know if they can do this during a port day from Nassau? Any others who have done this from Nassau or other ports?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just inquired about this last week when we were in Nassau. The tour leaves at 8:30 and gets back at 5:30. So not enough time for most cruise stops

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are swimming pigs nearby at rose island sandy toes rose island has a tour which includes them.

is there a cruise time and nassau time difference? the tour leaves from paradise island at 10 and returns at 3:45, i am wondering if I will have time to go or not since we dock at 8 and leave at 5?

is there a cruise time and nassau time difference? the tour leaves from paradise island at 10 and returns at 3:45, i am wondering if I will have time to go or not since we dock at 8 and leave at 5?

Not usually since Nassau is the same time zone as the east coast. But you'd need to check with your cruise line. I wouldn't be worried about getting there in time for the 10 AM tour but getting back would be tighter. It can take some time to get back from Paradise Island in the late afternoon and you'd need to be back onboard your ship by 4:30. If the tour gets back late at all, you could have problems.

Definitely not possible to visit Exumas on a ship day. That would be reckless. It's a 2 hour boat trip each way.

As for pigs at Rose Island... operators are all trying to jump on the pigs craze I guess. But to me, that's just too contrived and fake. More like petting pigs on a beach put there for tourists than seeing the actual swimming pigs.