Hiring a taxi for a morning

Tin can

Hello all,

I’m after a bit of advice please.

How feasible would it be walking of the ship the first morning when we dock at Kings Wharf to hire a taxi for half a day.

I’d like to go straight to the crystal caves, a quick lunch in The Swizzle Inn while he waits for us and be dropped off at Horseshoe Bay after lunch. We would them make our own way back to the Dockyard.

We are from the UK so want to pack as much in as it will probably be our only visit to Bermuda.

If the guys at the taxi stand aren’t keen on this type of hire is there a tour company who provide transport we could talk to.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you interested in doing a taxi tour of Bermuda or just hiring the taxi for transportation to the caves, Swizzle Inn, and Horseshoe Bay?

SBtS

Hi SBtS, I think just transport to the Caves, Swizzle Inn and Horseshoe Bay.

I don’t know how the taxis work and whether they would be interested in that. The driver would have to wait around a couple of hours whilst we were in the caves and having a bite to eat in the Swizzle before taking us to HSB.

Thanks

Hi SBtS, I think just transport to the Caves, Swizzle Inn and Horseshoe Bay.

I don’t know how the taxis work and whether they would be interested in that. The driver would have to wait around a couple of hours whilst we were in the caves and having a bite to eat in the Swizzle before taking us to HSB.

Thanks

It doesn’t make sense to do it that way going point to point as transport and having them wait. Taxis are metered so you would be paying for the wait time. There is no problem getting taxis at the Dockyard, at Crystal Caves, Swizzle Inn and Horseshoe Bay when you want to leave. There is no advantage to having the driver wait. I have taken taxis to and from all those locations and there were always taxis available when we left. Those are major points of interest. You could do it at the tour rate, that is an hourly rate but you are paying more that way for no benefit if you only want transport.

Edited by Charles4515

It doesn’t make sense to do it that way going point to point as transport and having them wait. Taxis are metered so you would be paying for the wait time. There is no problem getting taxis at the Dockyard, at Crystal Caves, Swizzle Inn and Horseshoe Bay when you want to leave. There is no advantage to having the driver wait. I have taken taxis to and from all those locations and there were always taxis available when we left. Those are major points of interest. You could do it at the tour rate, that is an hourly rate but you are paying more that way for no benefit if you only want transport.

Thank you, very useful.

I thought we may struggle getting a taxi at the Swizzle Inn as it looks a bit out of the way so that is very useful to know.

Thank you, very useful.

I thought we may struggle getting a taxi at the Swizzle Inn as it looks a bit out of the way so that is very useful to know.

Swizzle Inn is popular so there are always taxis coming and going. The location is actually at a major crossroads. Also the Swizzle and Crystal Caves are walking distance. There is a path. No reason to take a taxi between Crystal Caves and Swizzle unless you have mobility issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk