Mariner Drydock

Travelcat2

This probably should have been the first one.....

29258068_10155139501711423_4710533986370191360_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHAnGoJm1Id7Hg8Je846Ec7O9RUeK7O8ZU_mN6ZqCDr_LvB_k2--BLWciz0JQGYust54tr0vTNpyoaBZJDBcWcLCnaeXJt6vT9Vp93UYxMWXw&oh=9fadefb6394957a036005be0ab38f7b4&oe=5B397821

Way to go, Jackie. This is a thread we are definitely interested in since we board the newly refurbished Mariner upon arrival in Miami from her transatlantic cruise.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the photos. Looks like they have a way to go---hope Regent can add some photos as they go along. We not get on the ship in Miami cruising to San Francisco. Looking forward to this cruise as we had a great time on our last cruise (first) on Regent. Rick

Thanks for the photos! Crisi and I join Z, TB and Ronrick onboard in Miami on April 18th, so we're greatly interested in the whole process. Hopefully they'll be lots more photos as the schedule unfolds. Vandy

It is my understanding that she is being refurbished in Marseille which makes sense since she was built in France. Today was Day 1 of the refurbishment. Keep in mind that they are working 24/7 on the ship. When the refurbishment was scheduled to be done in the Caribbean, there were over 2,000 workers scheduled to work on her so I assume the number is similar in France. I have no doubt that she will be completed on time and she will look gorgeous!

It is my understanding that she is being refurbished in Marseille which makes sense since she was built in France. Today was Day 1 of the refurbishment. Keep in mind that they are working 24/7 on the ship. When the refurbishment was scheduled to be done in the Caribbean, there were over 2,000 workers scheduled to work on her so I assume the number is similar in France. I have no doubt that she will be completed on time and she will look gorgeous!

Thanks so much, T.C.

Enjoy all the inside info you (and many others) supply on this board. Especially for those lurkers like me who tend to be active on this board when a cruise has been booked.

Thanks so much, T.C.

Enjoy all the inside info you (and many others) supply on this board. Especially for those lurkers like me who tend to be active on this board when a cruise has been booked.

Wasn't trying to present this as inside information -- just wanted to to start a thread where photos of the ship could be posted. Franck Galzy and I are also friends on Facebook and he does post some great photos frequently. Facebook is a great way to keep in contact with the crew:D

Way to go, Jackie. This is a thread we are definitely interested in since we board the newly refurbished Mariner upon arrival in Miami from her transatlantic cruise.

Z and TB

Yes, thank you Jackie! I really enjoy “before” and “after” pic’s, I see all of the previous suite furniture there on pool deck. Do you know if they donate it? Mariner is our favorite, we have all of our gold status from her.

I hope that the refurbishment includes upgrading internet service as has been posted in another thread regarding Oceania’s planned fleetwide upgrade to Wavenet. It would be rather nice to post larger pics as well as video during live reporting from one’s cruise.

I hope some folks onboard the post dry dock transatlantic cruise run a “Live From” thread and let us know about all the upgrades and mods to the Mariner. In turn, I hope Vandy, Rick, and other fellow cruisers join me in running one when we board on 18 April so we can express our views of the new Mariner and post some pics for all to see. The Boss has already started packing. Can’t wait!

Z and TB

Not a great picture of the ship but Franck loved the sunset (and I agree). It is amazing the hours they all put into refurbishments - day and night....... Wondering if the electricity if out on the ship. I've heard stories of Regent crew (and even management from Miami) sleeping on the ship during refurbishment without electricity.

29313075_10155142905501423_6378411375298871296_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFqnk2RDKgF8OpZkfccR6HZ9LPd8OUoTBPmkuql9zpMc3ebT12V8sxeAqQp525WKz0pWvrz5Xdgx5MSdhwvXxfj-bPyxLP4Gywgmzn9hxOcEQ&oh=546c391008736082772652dbbc60d838&oe=5B3F27C5

Our first cruise on Regent...first called Radisson was on the Mariner in August 2001. We went to Alaska.

Then in 2014 after a refurbishment. We are very excited to be returning to Alaska on May 6th from

San Francisco to Vancouver. We are REALLY excited to be on the Mariner from Shanghai to Tokyo

in March 2019. Cant wait to see all the new furnishings. Wes, I think you are on that cruise.

Wes

Hi Mr. Stanley, Yes we were on the Shanghai to Tokyo voyage but decided instead to triple our time on the Mariner and now we are on the Mariner from Miami to Auckland (Oct 10 to end of Nov). We know you along with Mr. Rumor, Rachel G and others will have a terrific Asia sailing.

Want to share another Mariner drydock photo but not of the Mariner but of the hardworking Mariner crew taken by one of our fav Compass Rose servers Ley (courtesy of her Facebook page). Nice to see some of the crew relaxing and enjoying themselves after a hard day’s drydock work.

148cf53fcb3a1e51a867f09e78602089.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted this picture on another thread and then realized that there will likely be several more photos over the next couple of weeks so here is a thread on which to post them. Here is the first one:

We got off the Mariner in Barcellano last week. Our butler will be in charge of one of the 12 person crews (there are 2) who will be removing the carpet from all the suites and common areas on the ship. That is an awful lot of carpet to remove but he did not seem daunted by the task. Another crew of professional carpet layers will complete the carpet installation. I am sure for each suite the dimensions for the carpet are preset and pre-cut. Also, I believe he said all the wallpaper would be replaced.

We were in the Master suite on deck 9 and although the suite was large and beautiful you could see it needed upgrading.

He also said the Wy-Fi was to be upgraded and some streaming would be added but since I could not download small videos anything would be a help. They are also doing some work on decks 1 & 2 but I do not know how much that entails. Just bring the ship into drydock would lead me to believe it will be extensive. It will be nice seeing how things progress.

I will post some comments about our cruise later. Jackie, Capitan Serina is wonderful and engaging. We had an opportunity to have dinner with her and 4 other guests. The conversation was fluid, entertaining, educational and dinner went by too fast. Also, whenever Captian Serina walked passed you on the ship she always had a minute to stop and say hi. She is an asset to Regent and from our perspective the face of Regent.

John

John, so interesting to read about your pre-drydock cruise. Removing carpeting from 350 suites sounds daunting. The ship will look amazing when they are finished. I'm particularly interested in seeing the new La Veranda. There be dramatic changes there.

Glad to hear that you had dinner with Capt. Serina. We hope to sail with her again. She is one of a kind.

When is your next cruise? As you may have read, we leave Tuesday morning for a 3 day pre-cruise in Bali and join the ship on the 24th. We are looking forward to seeing the Voyager ...... It has been too long since we last sailed on her.

Stay well,

Jackie

John, so interesting to read about your pre-drydock cruise. Removing carpeting from 350 suites sounds daunting. The ship will look amazing when they are finished. I'm particularly interested in seeing the new La Veranda. There be dramatic changes there.

Glad to hear that you had dinner with Capt. Serina. We hope to sail with her again. She is one of a kind.

When is your next cruise? As you may have read, we leave Tuesday morning for a 3 day pre-cruise in Bali and join the ship on the 24th. We are looking forward to seeing the Voyager ...... It has been too long since we last sailed on her.

Stay well,

Jackie

What are they doing to la veranda? Will be on her May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums