Large groups onboard

I’m going on b2b cruises next year from Los Angeles on ruby princess. First one is 4 nights and the second is 10 nights.

Someone posted to our roll call that the 4 night cruise is being sold as a San Francisco 49ers fan cruise. sure enough I visit the link and there it is.

Clearly princess isn’t expecting a whole ship of mad football fans otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to book. Am I mad in still wanting to go given I’ll be traveling so far?

I can amuse myself if they close off a venue for a group event and I will be packing earplugs anyway. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The one after the 10 day cruise goes back to Cabo San Lucas. We are staying overnight there on the 10 day one [emoji53]

I went for the 4 day one as the ports were different to the 10 day one

I’m going on b2b cruises next year from Los Angeles on ruby princess. First one is 4 nights and the second is 10 nights.

Someone posted to our roll call that the 4 night cruise is being sold as a San Francisco 49ers fan cruise. sure enough I visit the link and there it is.

Clearly princess isn’t expecting a whole ship of mad football fans otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to book. Am I mad in still wanting to go given I’ll be traveling so far?

I can amuse myself if they close off a venue for a group event and I will be packing earplugs anyway. [emoji14]

I wouldn't be too worried as you will likely find that they will be doing group activities and although you may see and hear them they will tend to be doing their own things.

I went on a 4 day cruise that ended up becoming a cruise with South Sydney NRL leg-ends. There were probably a few hundred of them and we managed to survive. Compared to them, San Francisco fans are very, very classy.

It would be depend on how big the group is. We had a group on the first half of our Royal Mediterranean cruise last year. They took over the Princess Live theatre every night. No big loss. But if the group was so big that all the bars and lounges are affected then it becomes a problem for ordinary cruisers as effectively you are denied use of a major part of the ship. We experienced this on a Rhine River cruise - the lounge was out of action late afternoon and early evening every night and there was no alternative for a pre-dinner drink.

It would be depend on how big the group is. We had a group on the first half of our Royal Mediterranean cruise last year. They took over the Princess Live theatre every night. No big loss. But if the group was so big that all the bars and lounges are affected then it becomes a problem for ordinary cruisers as effectively you are denied use of a major part of the ship. We experienced this on a Rhine River cruise - the lounge was out of action late afternoon and early evening every night and there was no alternative for a pre-dinner drink.

That would have really sucked, at least with our cruise it didn't affect us apart from a few rowdy passengers which could happen on any cruise.

Blimey. A group on a huge cruise ship is manageable to avoid but that's pretty slack on a much smaller river cruise. Were you told in advance of this ?

Blimey. A group on a huge cruise ship is manageable to avoid but that's pretty slack on a much smaller river cruise. Were you told in advance of this ?

No. However it was such a full-on itinerary that it didn't bother us that much but it was irritating on a couple of the evenings when we'd arrived back on board early. It was only a 7 night cruise.

I looked on the website and it didn’t say how big the group was. The person who posted it on the roll call estimated it could be around 500+ including players fans and their families.

I think ruby is about 3000 passengers or so?

I looked on the website and it didn’t say how big the group was. The person who posted it on the roll call estimated it could be around 500+ including players fans and their families.

I think ruby is about 3000 passengers or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

Been on Ruby Princess, they have an additional passenger deck than most other 'Grand class' ships, so, more like 3500 if all berths occupied.:eek:

Another option worth considering could be four days at departure point before commencing 10 day cruise.

Great idea, like 4 days at lovely Huntington Beach, hour or so south of LA, we did that couple of years ago pre Island Princess - Panama Canal. It gets you over the flight as well.:cool:

The 4 day gridiron cruise on Ruby Princess, could be a nightmare, Budweiser madness.:rolleyes: