Gratuities

14 months and counting

In December 2017, we were able to use our ship board credit from Viking for tips on our Viking Ocean cruise.

If you look at similar threads on this question there have been a variety of answers.

Might call Viking customer service for an update.

As much as I love Viking (both rivers and oceans), from following these boards I know they sometimes have a problem with customer service reps providing different answers to the same question. I'm not sure if it is related to their rapid growth, or changes in policy, but it is an area where they need to make improvements.

I suggest that you contact them at the following email : tellus@vikingcruises.com . That seems to be the most reliable source of information, plus then you have a response in writing.

I asked about using OBC for tips while on the Star recently. Was told that you can use the OBC for additional gratuities, but it goes into the tip pool that is shared. You can't use it for additional tips to a specific crew member.

I think I read somewhere that Viking did not allow you to use OBC for gratuities but that recently changed and now they allow it. This should be verified with Viking.

Viking allows for a 1 to 7 night cruise you get $150 OBC pp, for a cruise of 8 to 15 nights you get $300 OBC pp and for a cruise of 15+ nights you get $500 OBC pp. Not sure if all travel agents will give this but mine does. Sorry we can't share the name of our TA here.

Wait. So these OBC. Where do you get these? We booked direct without a TA. (Didn't know people really used them anymore.) Is that the only way to get OBCs?

Thanks.

If you don’t want to leave OBC or cash on the table just do what you are doing. A TA can give you either or both.

Depending on your suite that can be thousands.