Encore alcohol

The white bordeaux you are thinking of is Clarendelle, Sauv Blanc, Bordeaux, France. I don't find it to be very Sauv Blanc / Sancerre tasting, despite the Sauv Blanc listing but apparently that's what it is. At the beginning of our cruise, a very nice lady suggested it to me when I turned down what the bartender offered me and it's what I've been drinking onboard ever since.

Yes, that's it GlitteryUnicorn. Another guest recommended it to me at dinner one night and I tried it and liked it. She called it the White French Bordeaux and I never really saw the label close up--it was green I believe. It's good to know the name. And no, it didn't taste like a Sauv Blanc, but was ok.

White Bordeaux tend to be a blend of Sauvignon blanc and semillon which can give the wine an almost oily or waxy quality which balances out the more intense fruit flavors of Sauvignon blanc. while Sancerre is Sauvignon blanc and the area where it is grown produces a more mineraly or flinty wine. Thus similar but very different. Personally I like Bordeaux Blanc’s more. We are on the Ovation in April and hopefully they will still have this wine.

Thank you for posting this! We are boarding in a couple of weeks and I always loathe the first few days trying to figure out what our go to wines are going to be - maybe loathe is a bit strong but I do feel bad sending full glasses back any more than I have to. We've cruised with Seabourn a number of times and for some reason have never had this print out but I just printed the pics and they are going with me this time!

Do keep in mind that the wines on the complimentary list change from cruise to cruise and ship to ship. And the often change during cruise as well as the supply of some wines are depleted and supplies brought on during a cruise often include different wines. So don’t get too attached to the list the OP posted here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
I can't drink alcohol due to heart meds. Does anyone know if alcohol-removed wine is available? Thanks!

You can request it prior to your cruise if you give Seabourn adequate notice.

Thanks for the info. We usually cruise on Regent, and it's always available. We're thinking of trying Seabourn so I was curious about my options for alcohol-removed wine.

It may be always available, I've just never noticed it.

When I cruised with a friend who was off alcohol for several months due to medical reasons they were able to get alcohol free beer onboard but they did request the wine in advance. (Perhaps because they wanted a specific brand)

Hopefully someone will come along who can confirm that it is always available. But certainly, if it isn't you can request it. Best to give notice of about 2 months.

No, you do not need to pay for mixed drinks such as a daquiri. Do be aware, if you ask for a margarita, they will give you a frozen, blended thing so if you're looking for on-the-rocks and not too sweet, you'll want to give them some direction.

No, you do not need to pay for mixed drinks such as a daquiri. Do be aware, if you ask for a margarita, they will give you a frozen, blended thing so if you're looking for on-the-rocks and not too sweet, you'll want to give them some direction.

Thank you! I love a frozen strawberry daquiri!

Guess it depends on the bar tender, no one has ever served me a frozen marg on a Seabourn ship.

Thanks, Glittery Unicorn, for posting the information, especially on included wines. It is disconcerting, however, that there is "attitude" given when you ask for wine that is included, yet which is not on that day's list. As we will be sailing Encore this Fall, hopefully this type of "attitude" will have been nipped in the bud by then.

If necessary, a quiet word with the head sommelier or guest relations manager would likely improve things.

Thanks also for posting the menus. The Sushi place seems to be a nice additional venue to try.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Have yet to sail on SB but did one cruise on Regent and experienced a similar problem when we asked to try a different wine to that being offered. A politely worded letter to the F&B manager led to an amazing improvement in service and choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums