City Stays - with Azamara!

BBMacLaird

It's weird. I saw this thing last night and there was a pre-cruise stay for my itinerary listed in Hong Kong at the Langham. I was going to call Azamara about that because the Langham was the hotel we were planning on booking for 3-nights. When I look at the link today, Hong Kong and The Langham are gone. All I see is post cruise in Singapore.

Hi Hub,

Hong Kong is not on our City Stay list, at least not yet ;)

When is your cruise departure date?

Thanks Bonnie, our cruise is 10/16/19, still 15 months away, but the post cruise stay is up for Singapore. We'll probably stay one extra night and splurge for the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. We would be interested in something in Hong Kong, but will probably book something when flights and hotels open up in October.

I like the idea of City Stays and booked the Celebrity package for Quito before Galapagos.

Bonnie: The City Stays program does look quite interesting. We are booked on the 1/24/19 Cuba intensive cruise. I am assuming this could be added to my reservation? Contact Azamara and/or my travel agent? Although if the Azamara website is correct, adding this to our cruise looks to have a pretty hefty price tag. Comparing the price per person with and without the City Stays program is approximately $3000! Which translates to the City Stays package costs almost as much as the 9 day cruise! The Cuba/Miami City Stays package is very cool but really? $3000 pp? Wow.

We have been looking at a Quest cruise late September 2020 which coincides with a special Anniversary.

For the UK market the three night "cruise only" price for an inside stateroom price is £1049 pp but adding in the three night post-cruise package (which includes hotel, some private shore excursions, meals and transfers) would increase the price by £3250 pp (inside - $4230pp) up to £3311 pp ( balcony $4310pp).

I think that we would prefer to add on /take an extra cruise (or two!) for these prices.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Our City Stays are quite special with unique experiences that would be hard to replicate on your own. And these packages use very nice hotels.

The City Stay packages include transfers, some meals, guides, very unique land experiences and more. So it all depends what you're looking for.

But keep in mind if our new City Stays don't fit into your budget, we still offer our full line of pre- and post-cruise hotels and transfers (without the meals, guides and experiences of an Azamara City Stay.)

Our City Stays are quite special with unique experiences that would be hard to replicate on your own. And these packages use very nice hotels.

The City Stay packages include transfers, some meals, guides, very unique land experiences and more. So it all depends what you're looking for.

But keep in mind if our new City Stays don't fit into your budget, we still offer our full line of pre- and post-cruise hotels and transfers (without the meals, guides and experiences of an Azamara City Stay.)

Thank you Bonnie..

Yes, I do realise that these hotel stays/experiences are special, unique and include "very nice" hotels etc ( but at £1000 per person per day?)

We have no problem with our budget ... only that we expect value for money.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I am sure people will like the City Stays if they want a completely arranged vacation. However it is cluttering up my searches for the right cruise for my husband. The foundation of the vacation is the cruise and I want to be able to search just for that, not city stays or add on safaris. Once the cruise is chosen we can determine if we want any of the additional products.

Will there be a way in the cruise finder search to choose a city stay or not? Currently it shows them all and I do not want to show the city stays, just the cruise. It becomes a bit overwhelming to see them all.

I asked for you, and, it is news to me as well, there is a way to search for what you’re looking for! Here’s the response I received...

Hi Bonnie,

This can easily be done in our search tool. Simply click on “Refine Search”, then on the right sort by using Voyage Type for voyages only – just select “Voyages”.