Viking Jupiter Meet and Mingles

OKCowboy

I think that was a subtle hint. :)

Cruise Critic does not initiate the M&M’s, members do for each individual voyage. When the OP “gets around to it” (get it now?) they can start a Roll Call for their trip. Of course, to avoid confusion, it’s a good idea to check whether one is already started.

For more information, see above.

I think that was a subtle hint. :)

Cruise Critic does not initiate the M&M’s, members do for each individual voyage. When the OP “gets around to it” (get it now?) they can start a Roll Call for their trip. Of course, to avoid confusion, it’s a good idea to check whether one is already started.

For more information, see above.

The Meet & Mingle sign up is programed by Cruise Critic; members cannot add ships or sail dates and OP is trying to find out when they will be set up for the Jupiter. On the other hand, members must start the various threads for the roll calls, which is why there are sailings that have multiple threads started. The various threads can be merged into one conversation, just report the multiple roll calls to the moderator.

I've reported them it hasn't happened.

I wish they would be more responsive these days. Having multiple sail roll calls for the same named cruise is counterproductive.

On the other hand, since Viking can have multiple named cruises all on the ship at the same time, I guess there is just going to be times when we have to follow multiple roll calls, just so that we have a chance to meet everyone.

When will Cruise Critic initiate the Meet and Mingles for Viking Jupiter?

My husband & I will also be on this cruise. Have you heard from any other people traveling on this cruise?

When will Cruise Critic initiate the Meet and Mingles for Viking Jupiter?

We are also on the Jupiter in March, and couldn’t find a roll call either; would be nice. Would OKCowboy be referring to OSU? If so, fellow 🤠.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on the Jupiter in March, and couldn’t find a roll call either; would be nice. Would OKCowboy be referring to OSU? If so, fellow 🤠.

You need to write cruise Critic directly and tell them. If there are published cruise names with dates that's what they need. Might not hop to it immediately. So you'll have to nag. Address is help@cruisecrtic.com. Also meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com. I wrote to do the same for a cruise we did last January. Wrote to the 2nd address, reply came from the first. If you can include a link from then VO site showing the sailings for the Jupiter that would certainly help.

We, the members, have to start the roll calls. If you don't see a roll call for your sail date, then you may start one. Before you start, go to

Viking Jupiter Roll Calls

and manually peruse the list to make sure that there really hasn't been a roll call started for your sail date; the "Find Your Roll Call" tool does not always pick up new roll calls.

If you don't see your sail date among the Jupiter roll calls, click on the NEW THREAD button to start the new roll call. For the title, use the itinerary name and sail date (the date it says in the brochure not the day you fly out). To avoid confusion, write out the name of the month and include the year. You don't have to put the name of the ship if you don't want to because the Viking roll calls are already organized by ship. Then write a post introducing yourself (first names are sufficient as this is a very public forum)--doesn't need to be more than a sentence or two but can be as long as you want.

Or if the thought of being the one to start a roll call is a bit scary, just wait for one to be started and then join in the conversation.

Just realized I answered the wrong post. Please look at my post from earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the question you are answering is what to do when your sail date is not on the Meet&Mingle list for your ship, which does happen occasionally. The same addresses might also work for what to do when your ship isn't even on the list of ships for your cruise line. Any port in a storm.

I think the question you are answering is what to do when your sail date is not on the Meet&Mingle list for your ship, which does happen occasionally. The same addresses might also work for what to do when your ship isn't even on the list of ships for your cruise line. Any port in a storm.

Yup. Inadvertently answered the post about roll call when I meant to answer the initial question about Meet & Mingle. [emoji849]. I'd had the same issue with our cruise last January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OKState alumni from. Bartlesville.