Post your azamara drinks ordering experiences here

uktog

My take on this is that there is still an issue that needs attention. Is it really acceptable that on a luxury cruise line that one should have to tag ‘...made with the included spirits’ (and all that implies to anyone listening) to every cocktail order? But by not doing so one runs the risk of being charged or even the embarrassment of refusing the drink if a bill is implied or presented. That’s assuming you read the boards and know that it should be included. Im tempted to were a badge (pin) that’s says ‘INCLUDED SPIRITS ONLY’’! Will do much research on this issue soon. As an aside does Azamara have a signature cocktail? Silversea has a Silver Spirit martini. If not, I think we should start a new thread with names and suggested ingredients!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone explain why a Mojito is not an included cocktail?

On our ship visit to Pursuit last week, I mentioned that there was only one bartender who would make me a Mojito and was told by our Azamara host that these have never been included.

If you look at post #72 you’ll see the opposite seems to be the case. I suggested saying that because it is also on the list of paid for drinks with a premium spirit.

I think the issue is with cocktails that are on the paid list but can be made with included items, I don’t want to call them substitutions as in my example (Cosmopolitan Martini) Triple Sec is the true ingredient anyhow, the upgrade to Cointreau isn’t necessary. Why not just have a more comprehensive list of included cocktails that we can at least point to?

Greetings, Azamara cruisers....just a quick note regarding our guidelines. If you have a question about post removals, please do not ask on the boards. Send an email to community@cruisecritic.com and ask.

We moderate our boards according to the Guidelines you agreed to when you registered for Cruise Critic. They can be reviewed by following this link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Note that on occasion if a post is removed for a guidelines violation and you respond to it, you're post will be removed as well since it referenced or was about a deleted post.

I hope this helps everyone understand the process.

I regret to have to report some very bad news, after having had Schweppes Tonic for the first 9 days of our Pursuit cruise the dreaded Royal Club Tonic has made an appearance. We’ve no idea why and it’s extremely disappointing following the assurances that Schweppes Tonic would be used at least when the ships are in Europe.

As it’s Pursuit it can’t be old stock!

Britvic is still the diet tonic so all is not totally lost at the moment.

Maybe the Royal Club is just for "newbies" but those "in the Know" can get some of the secret Schweppes!!!!

This is another of those times that I wish for a "thumbs up" or "like" indicator - to approve of your post and indicate understanding of the snark - without the necessity of a full post! But it is also the first where I was so thoroughly amused that I had to post. Thank you!

Maybe the Royal Club is just for "newbies" but those "in the Know" can get some of the secret Schweppes!!!!

No it’s just the mix out on the bar tops, fortunately we do have our own supply of Fever Tree [emoji1]

No it’s just the mix out on the bar tops, fortunately we do have our own supply of Fever Tree [emoji1]

I am afraid that Royal Club will keep on rearing it's ugly head, just like the cheap and nasty Cutty Sark Whiskey that Azamara persist with on the included list.

I am afraid that Royal Club will keep on rearing it's ugly head, just like the cheap and nasty Cutty Sark Whiskey that Azamara persist with on the included list.

Point I keep making, but it falls on deaf ears, is that we are perfectly happy to upgrade the drinks package but what’s the point in having a premium gin and adding Royal Club tonic. Imagine the uproar if they changed from Coca Cola to Royal Club Cola?

If gin was a more popular drink with their American customers we would get Fever Tree tonic, no problem!

I regret to have to report some very bad news, after having had Schweppes Tonic for the first 9 days of our Pursuit cruise the dreaded Royal Club Tonic has made an appearance. We’ve no idea why and it’s extremely disappointing following the assurances that Schweppes Tonic would be used at least when the ships are in Europe.

As it’s Pursuit it can’t be old stock!

Britvic is still the diet tonic so all is not totally lost at the moment.

Hi Carol and John

Noooooo. back to lugging tins of Fever Tree on holiday, big disappointment!

Hope you otherwise enjoyed the maiden cruise

Vicki

Hi Carol and John

Noooooo. back to lugging tins of Fever Tree on holiday, big disappointment!

Hope you otherwise enjoyed the maiden cruise

Vicki

Hi Vicki, Pursuit is a lovely ship and sure to become a favourite of many especially The Den, maidens always have there challenges but we have enjoyed this one very much although we’re still waiting for the special treats we were promised.

Did hear that there may be good news on the horizon regarding tonic which is why it was such a disappointment when Royal Club reared it’s ugly head.

Hi Vicki, Pursuit is a lovely ship and sure to become a favourite of many especially The Den, maidens always have there challenges but we have enjoyed this one very much although we’re still waiting for the special treats we were promised.

Did hear that there may be good news on the horizon regarding tonic which is why it was such a disappointment when Royal Club reared it’s ugly head.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, shame about the special treats that didn’t materialise. Hope that good news makes a swift arrival , our next cruise is on Quest at the end of October

Hope to see you on another cruise We are considering Antarctica among others

Vicki

I love this tonic chat! I have rarely had gin and tonic but will now head to the market tomorrow to purchase a variety of tonic brands for a taste test. I am in Canada so not sure what I'll find but did see Fever Tree so I am thrilled! I suspect I should leave this til the end or else I'm sure to be disappointed. I'm sure my mum added a twist of lemon? Such a hardship as I prep for my Nov 20 sail on Pursuit

I'm from the U.S., and continue to be bemused by the tonic obsession. I drink included wine with dinner. I wish you the best in your everlasting quest. Does it count that I drink English breakfast tea(allergic to coffee).:):)

I just discovered Fever Tree in my local Walmart[emoji23]. After all the hype I had to try it (don’t know about the UK but it’s pretty expensive here in the US .) Funny,

but we find it too sweet for our taste. It’s Schweppes all the way for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which type of Fevertree did you try? There are 5 different ones -Tonic, Tonic Light, Elderflower, Aromatic, Mediterranean (my favourite)

I found a brilliant chart in a Waitrose magazine ....it shows which brands of gin match with which Fevertree tonic 😀