Cruise Atlas - Order Online Link

syesmar

The HAL Cruise Atlas can be ordered online for home delivery at this link: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/postbooking/lead-sign-up.html - check the “Order a Cruise Atlas Brochure”to enter mailing information.

I was told by a representative it would be the full version, not abridged; can anyone confirm it’s the full version if ordering from this link? THANKS!

Happy Sailing!

Edited by syesmar

The link brought me to the Canadian request page, where instead of specifying the Cruise Atlas, it gives the option of requesting that HAL "Mail me [unspecified] printed marketing communications". I turned on my VPN, choosing US as my region, used the link (this time to the US page) and placed my order for the Atlas. We'll see what happens. (yn)

• 1 month later...
After requesting a copy, has anyone yet received the Cruise Atlas?

I ordered as soon as I saw this thread a month ago. Haven't seen the Atlas in my mailbox yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding us all just how on top of things HAL is these days. :mad:

I think the atlas usually comes out in the fall.

Since the Atlas runs April-April, HAL could do a lot better at getting it out in a timely fashion. :rolleyes:

It's not as if they don't know the itineraries well in advance. HAL should be ashamed of themselves. Pretty tough to research cruises, decide what we want to take, and book if they don't present the choices to us.

What a way to run a business. :confused:

Does this atlas show the layout of each ship by floor?

The last one, the one that went through April, 2018, did. Who knows what the next one will have---apparently no one has seen it yet.

Since the Atlas runs April-April, HAL could do a lot better at getting it out in a timely fashion. :rolleyes:

It's not as if they don't know the itineraries well in advance. HAL should be ashamed of themselves. Pretty tough to research cruises, decide what we want to take, and book if they don't present the choices to us.

What a way to run a business. :confused:

HAL is always the last, if not among the last, to make available brochures.

But, maybe we ought to appreciate what they do provide. Hard copy brochures are not available from Carnival Cruise Lines and now, I think, even Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines have stopped publishing them. I used to be able to order a hard copy of RCCL from them on their web site. Trying to do so Saturday, I found only an e-copy that could be downloaded with no link to order one. I e-mailed a message to their "Contact Us" about this and have heard nothing from them so far.

HAL is always the last, if not among the last, to make available brochures.

But, maybe we ought to appreciate what they do provide. Hard copy brochures are not available from Carnival Cruise Lines and now, I think, even Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines have stopped publishing them. I used to be able to order a hard copy of RCCL from them on their web site. Trying to do so Saturday, I found only an e-copy that could be downloaded with no link to order one. I e-mailed a message to their "Contact Us" about this and have heard nothing from them so far.

In the past, I've always seen lots of brochures at travel agencies. As they are a key sales tool, I'd be surprised if cruise lines would stop printing them altogether. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in our local mall that has two or three TA's.

In the past, I've always seen lots of brochures at travel agencies. As they are a key sales tool, I'd be surprised if cruise lines would stop printing them altogether. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in our local mall that has two or three TA's.

Thanks for this idea. It has been awhile since I have tried with a local Agent for Carnival Cruise Line brochures. Maybe she has RCCL brochures? If I don't hear from them--which at this hour I have not--I may try this source.

I easily develop a "guilt complex" if I ask my local Agent for assistance, even for a brochure, if I then fail to follow-up with a booking with her.

The last one, the one that went through April, 2018, did. Who knows what the next one will have---apparently no one has seen it yet.

Could that have been a typo? The 2018-2019 Atlas has been out since early last fall. In fact on our Veendam cruise in October they were as plentiful as Halloween candy.

It was 36 pages thinner than the previous year and had eliminated the deck plans. Fortunately I had saved a couple of older issues so I cut out the deck plans and inserted them into sleeves in a thin binder.

When curious about ship layouts it is now much simpler to peruse the binder rather than flipping back and forth on different online pages. I also included the stateroom photo pages as a guide for accommodations on different class ships.

Could that have been a typo? The 2018-2019 Atlas has been out since early last fall. In fact on our Veendam cruise in October they were as plentiful as Halloween candy.

It wasn't a typo, since I wasn't aware the new one was out.

Since it is out and, from what you say, has been for quite some time, then the question becomes why the blazes is HAL not sending it out to those who have requested it??? :confused: Is HAL deliberately trying to make it difficult to find a suitable cruise?

Last month on the Nieuw Amsterdam, I picked up the April 2018-2019 Cruise Planner which was much thinner than the April 2017-2018 Cruise Atlas I have. That may be the difference? The Planner has fewer glitzy pictures, less description of ship services, and no deck plans but does have the maps of the various voyages with what ships are sailing them and sailing dates. The Planner has70 pages, last year's Atlas has 229 pages.