Visa for India and Sir Lanka

tamarac

We are from the United States. Will it be necessary to apply for a visa on our own or will the ship issue the visa once on board? Also if anyone knows the cost to apply and is it different than the cost on board?

Thank you,

Gail Bunce

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are from the United States. Will it be necessary to apply for a visa on our own or will the ship issue the visa once on board? Also if anyone knows the cost to apply and is it different than the cost on board?

Thank you,

Gail Bunce

Just did India and Sri Lanka on Journey. Visas passenger responsibility.

Just did India and Sri Lanka on Journey. Visas passenger responsibility.

Thanks, that's interesting as when we last did India and Sri Lanka on the Quest, we (from Australia) were only required to do the Indian visa ourselves and the ship did the Sri Lankan one. I will ask the same question on our roll call as the Shore Excursions booklet clearly states a 'stamped visa is required' for the Indian excursions but doesn't mention it at all for the Sri Lankan ones. Thanks for your feed back.

The difference is for Sri Lanka it can be done once boarded though now the ship require you to go online and do it (they gave guests you had not already done it internet access for this) for India you must do yourself, so Cowboy Ranger is correct. We did everything before we left home, far easier. But certainly nowadays the ship doesn’t do your Sri Lanka Visa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Thank you,

Gail Bunce

For India as others have said you have to do this yourself. There are only 3 ports you can enter India with an e-visa; Cochin, Goa and Mangalor. Also the evisa is only valid for arrivals within 120 days of your application so have to be sure you fit that requirement. If you are not entering India at one of the 3 ports, you have to do a regular visa which requires a lot more work. Google has all your answers and cannot be definite with response as you did not supply sufficient information. Good luck

For India as others have said you have to do this yourself. There are only 3 ports you can enter India with an e-visa; Cochin, Goa and Mangalor. Also the evisa is only valid for arrivals within 120 days of your application so have to be sure you fit that requirement. If you are not entering India at one of the 3 ports, you have to do a regular visa which requires a lot more work. Google has all your answers and cannot be definite with response as you did not supply sufficient information. Good luck

Dave, where did you get your information from? The following is from the Indian Government Website at

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html and includes a list of countries that it is applicable to..(I believe this is a recent change)

e-Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories

Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati,Kyrgyzstan , Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal , Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Uganda,Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe

• 9. e-Visa is valid for entry through 25 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam) and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore,Mumbai,Chennai). However, the foreigner can take exitfrom any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.

Dave, where did you get your information from? The following is from the Indian Government Website at

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html and includes a list of countries that it is applicable to..(I believe this is a recent change)

e-Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories

Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati,Kyrgyzstan , Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal , Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Uganda,Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe

• 9. e-Visa is valid for entry through 25 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam) and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore,Mumbai,Chennai). However, the foreigner can take exitfrom any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.

From another supposed government site. Appears rules have changed and the other site was not updated as 2 more ports available from your list. Sorry for any confusion but, visa info seems to be changing quickly for India. A year ago evisa's were not allowed for cruisers. Who knows what is next.

Yes it does look like evisas are now good for each port we are visiting in February so so much easier and cheaper then the other.

On the Indian visa website they acknowledge that they were having huge problems processing people so this has prompted the changes, so let’s hope that’s the case!

Yes it does look like evisas are now good for each port we are visiting in February so so much easier and cheaper then the other.

On the Indian visa website they acknowledge that they were having huge problems processing people so this has prompted the changes, so let’s hope that’s the case!

There's certainly a lot of 'bogus' websites that are actually business processing visa's on behalf of the government. Sometimes there is difficulty in working out which is the government website. Fortunately I'm in the business of information management and security and have some experience sifting though to get to the authentic government website. We're pleased it's changed as the full multi entry visa application that we did for our 2016 trip on the Quest was a right royal pain:)

From another supposed government site. Appears rules have changed and the other site was not updated as 2 more ports available from your list. Sorry for any confusion but, visa info seems to be changing quickly for India. A year ago evisa's were not allowed for cruisers. Who knows what is next.

I remember thoses pre -evisa days so well! When we went to India/UAE with Celebrity, a company charged us about £800 for Indian visas.

We went to Sri Lanka a few months ago. A fab land tour. Our evisas weren't even looked at ----even by imigration!