Did you stay at Hilton Barcelona? Did you like it?

zitsky

I see it's been reported that the Hilton is used in Barcelona. Unfortunately it seems to be pretty far from the main tourist areas. I'm trying to decide whether to do the Viking extension with this hotel, or just go on my own to be closer to the tourist areas. If you have stayed there, could you give me your opinion of the hotel and the general area?

I know you value our opinions but, just in terms of audience size, you might get more responses to this question in the ports of call section or even simply by checking out TripAdvisor.

I haven't stayed here but I agree with you that it is farther out than I would want to stay.

I see it's been reported that the Hilton is used in Barcelona. Unfortunately it seems to be pretty far from the main tourist areas. I'm trying to decide whether to do the Viking extension with this hotel, or just go on my own to be closer to the tourist areas. If you have stayed there, could you give me your opinion of the hotel and the general area?

I've stayed at this Hilton. I LOVED it. It was very well situated. Hop on/Hop off bus was right there. A nice mall across the street. A museum around the corner. A very quick (5-10 minute) cab ride to cruise port. The executive lounge was fabulous. Breakfast was delish. Dinner was horrible. Had a beautiful ocean view.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/spain/hilton-diagonal-mar-barcelona-BCNDMHI/index.html?WT.mc_id=zELWAKN0EMEA1HI2DMH3LocalSearch4DGGenericx6BCNDMHI

I've stayed at this Hilton. I LOVED it. It was very well situated. Hop on/Hop off bus was right there. A nice mall across the street. A museum around the corner. A very quick (5-10 minute) cab ride to cruise port. The executive lounge was fabulous. Breakfast was delish. Dinner was horrible. Had a beautiful ocean view.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/spain/hilton-diagonal-mar-barcelona-BCNDMHI/index.html?WT.mc_id=zELWAKN0EMEA1HI2DMH3LocalSearch4DGGenericx6BCNDMHI

There are three Hilton Hotels in Barcelona it turns out, so OP, which one does Viking use?

Viking used Hilton BCN for our post extension in April 2018. It is off a busy street but in a more residential upscale area. There is a large mall about two blocks away, a couple of cafes nearby. We took a taxi to and from Placa Cataluyna and Sagrada when we were there. I think there is a metro stop close by, but we did not use the metro.

The hotel itself is typical Hilton. Nice room , beds and bath. Lobby bar and restaurant which had great drinks and nice luuch fare. Breakfast buffet was ok. The last night we took a taxi to a neighborhood cafe for final dinner, recommended by the lobby bartendar. It was outstanding and very reasonable.

This hotel hosts lots of business conferences. Whe we were there they had one each day. Lots of attendees milling around.

My other two times in Barcelona I had stayed at Hotel Pultizer , a half a block from Cataluyna and Las Ramblas. Much better location for walking to all the sights.

Viking used Hilton BCN for our post extension in April 2018. It is off a busy street but in a more residential upscale area. There is a large mall about two blocks away, a couple of cafes nearby. We took a taxi to and from Placa Cataluyna and Sagrada when we were there. I think there is a metro stop close by, but we did not use the metro.

The hotel itself is typical Hilton. Nice room , beds and bath. Lobby bar and restaurant which had great drinks and nice luuch fare. Breakfast buffet was ok. The last night we took a taxi to a neighborhood cafe for final dinner, recommended by the lobby bartendar. It was outstanding and very reasonable.

This hotel hosts lots of business conferences. Whe we were there they had one each day. Lots of attendees milling around.

My other two times in Barcelona I had stayed at Hotel Pultizer , a half a block from Cataluyna and Las Ramblas. Much better location for walking to all the sights.

What is the address? This 'sounds' like it could be the Diagonal Mar, but it may not be.

What is the address? This 'sounds' like it could be the Diagonal Mar, but it may not be.

It is on Avenida Diagonal 589-5991.

Another Hilton on the same street but near the port/water. Are's was not anywhere near the water.

It is on Avenida Diagonal 589-5991.

Another Hilton on the same street but near the port/water. Are's was not anywhere near the water.

Where is the OP? How did this thread switch to Azulann?

Either way, I'd go online and compare prices, etc. Are you a Hilton frequent user with an account? Book direct and get the points.

Check PRICES. Many times, going through cruise line, hotel/air fare prices are inflated greatly.

But I still recommend the Hilton Diagonal Mar nearer the ocean. We found it to be a very good location and a very good hotel.

Either way, I'd go online and compare prices, etc. Are you a Hilton frequent user with an account? Book direct and get the points.

Check PRICES. Many times, going through cruise line, hotel/air fare prices are inflated greatly.

But I still recommend the Hilton Diagonal Mar nearer the ocean. We found it to be a very good location and a very good hotel.

The orignal poster asked about the post Viking Extension.

You can also find the original poster on a number of other posts recently talking about Viking extensions or bookin hotels yourself.

This thread has stayed on topic more than most threads.

Have a nice day...:cool:

OP is right here. What is your question. I will also check out TripAdvisor.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out. Yes I am aware there is a premium booking through cruise line.

This year I have a trip and making all the arrangements. But when going with Viking, like next year trip, I have let them take care of everything.

Edited by zitsky

Last May we stayed at he Alexandra Hilton Curio in Barcelona. It has a good location and was a nice hotel but not really up to normal Hilton international standards. However it had a very good rate. All things considered, would stay there again for the location and value.

• 1 month later...

+1 on picking a hotel off Las Ramblas even if Viking does everything else. It is easy to walk to most of the interesting museums, Sagrada and the market if in this area and Barcelona is a nice place to do on your own. You can also get a taxi to the port if you have a lot of luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is the one we stayed at also. We just took cabs to the sightseeing areas without any issues. The hotel was very nice rooms clean and well appointed. We were there in December and found the room to be much warmer than we like when we sleep. I had brought a small fan that plugged into a USB port which helped make it bearable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you care to say more?

I like even the location. It was away from the crowds. We like to walk so we had no problem walking but it was half a block from the hop on hop off

Very close to a shopping mall and there were many restaurants in the area, a block or two walk

Great executive lounge!