Barcelona post cruise

Beachvue

Will be doing the Viking post cruise stay in Barcelona after our San Juan/Barcelona Cruise March 2019. Viking uses 2 hotels in Barcelona so we have a choice of the Hilton or Renaissance. Anyone have pros/cons on these hotels? Thank you

Will be doing the Viking post cruise stay in Barcelona after our San Juan/Barcelona Cruise March 2019. Viking uses 2 hotels in Barcelona so we have a choice of the Hilton or Renaissance. Anyone have pros/cons on these hotels? Thank you

We did not have a choice when we did the same cruise this spring. We stayed at the Hilton post extension. it was a Hilton, like any other, except for some Spanish food, catering to business and conferences, away from the central distirct near Placa Catalunya.

Where is the Renaissance? I would pick that one if it is closer to the sights you want to see without taking a subway or taxi.

Validate the addresses of the hotels they are offering and choose the one that is best located for what you hope to see in Barcelona.

In the past VO has used the Hilton Barcelona (that is the actual name of the hotel) at 589-591 Avinguda Diagonal.

It not located within walking distance to Gothic Quarter or the main tourist sites.

Renaissance Barcelona is at Pau Claris 122 (they are calling it Las Ramblas area). Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel is in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, not in Barcelona proper. My guess is VO uses the Renaissance Barcelona on Pau Claris.

If they are the same price I would probably choose the Renaissance, as it is generally a nicer brand than Hilton and it is much closer to tourist sites.

But consider any perks like free breakfast, free internet, size of rooms, etc. after you confirm exactly which hotels you are choosing from.

We did that cruse this past March. Loved it. We extended in Barcelona on our own for 4 additional nights. I'd say the 2 nights after is a minimum number. We stayed in a modern hotel in the center of the gothic qtr. Within 10 minutes walking to everything we wanted to see. The location is off a small road, so small its a one way. As always the Starbucks is just around the corner. Why I note this is its old school location with a modern vibe. No noise from busy streets. I'd tell you to look into this if you were on your own. Oh, the hotel is the Catalonia Magdelenes. No matter its a lovely town..

• 2 weeks later...