Bottle of alcohol

theduffys

Have searched and can't find the answer to my question. Is it possible to buy a full bottle of scotch on board the ship (room service or bar) for in room consumption? Not sure there will be a place to do so before boarding in Mumbai.

Have searched and can't find the answer to my question. Is it possible to buy a full bottle of scotch on board the ship (room service or bar) for in room consumption? Not sure there will be a place to do so before boarding in Mumbai.

I have a vague recollection of the subject in another thread. Someone asked if there was a duty-free liquor store on board the ship. I believe the answer was no. You can purchase nips for the minibar but not fifths.

Have you considered buying a bottle in a duty-free liquor store in one of the airports you will be flying through (i.e., the last airport before landing in Mumbai, unless you are flying through Dubai in which case all bets are off)?

Have you ever been to Dubai Airport? No? Each terminal has an enormous duty free area, selling everything, alcohol, tobacco, perfume, watches and jewellery, anything you could think of (except weapons). Sales were $1.82 billion in 2016. Just be careful that Dubai is your penultimate destination, and you don't have to go through security for another flight, in which case you might (will) lose your lovely bottle. Try Googling "Dubai Airport Duty Free" for details.