Conseirge vs Veranda Riviera

westmount

I've also been in the MDR on embarkation day on multiple occasions on B2B. (not in suites either). The best was the time a fellow had just boarded and insisted that he was going to eat in there. The Maitre d was polite but firm and after a bit the fellow left without being served.

Lunch in the MDR on turnaround day really sounds nice. This fall we are on a B2B2B as a grand voyage, followed by another segment. I'm hoping we get the opportunity at least on the last turnaround, when I know we won't be ashore.

We chose the Concierge cabin for upcoming (and our first) Oceania cruise. Time will tell if it was the right decision for us.

We did this based on experiences on other lines. First was the Concierge lounge. I very much appreciate not having to either call room service or compete with hundreds of other pax at the barista bar for a cup of coffee. Both times we sailed on a HAL ship, we made good use of the Neptune lounge for both the coffee and the concierge. Second was the 3 bags of laundry. I've run up pretty hefty laundry charges on other lines. I've also tried using the passenger laundry on other lines, and playing washer/dryer roulette is not enjoyable for me, particularly on a very port-intensive cruise like the one we are sailing on. What we save on laundry charges will likely come within $100 of paying for the upgrade.

Like Flatbush Flyer said, "to each his own". For us, this grade of cabin looks like it makes sense. We'll find out in about 70 days.

Kiddo, O is not HAL with 3000 passengers you talking 1/3 to 1/5 on O. There are no throngs clamoring anywhere. Secondly, and this is my perception, the O passenger is a totally more well mannered ,low key

person...vastly different form the HAL demographics ( I have sailed both lines many times and that is why I went to O) All the other cabins get laundry offers too. You should talk to your travel agent and ask him to get you theses and many other benefits without having to up grade. and get him to also take care of gratuities... If you dont ask you dont get.

Hope you have a great time and discover the whole new world of O....it is radically different in a good way