Seattle Cruise Port Question

MACK3

We will be in a PH. We can board at 11 AM, but the cruise doesn't leave until 5 PM. Does anyone know if we can get back off the ship after lunch for a quick walk to Pike Place Market?

Thanks,

Mack

We will be in a PH. We can board at 11 AM, but the cruise doesn't leave until 5 PM. Does anyone know if we can get back off the ship after lunch for a quick walk to Pike Place Market?

Thanks,

Mack

Mack, while you can, you might want to evaluate the situation. Seattle like SF has a horrific problem with lots and lots of aggressive bums ( homeless, crazies and druggies) along its tourist areas. You might want to observe the situation before deciding. Things have gotten not better on my last visit.

Also you need to be aware that while Pikes Place Market appears close on a flat map. It is significantly up hill with not a lot of streets going there. Best bet is to find the stairs that take you from pier level to the market up probable a little over 100 feet and almost straight up why no streets. Fun place to visit and as Dan said, the local politicians are doing nothing to quell the homeless encampments and welcoming squatters setting up tents and tent cities almost everywhere especially in the downtown area.

Also you need to be aware that while Pikes Place Market appears close on a flat map. It is significantly up hill with not a lot of streets going there. Best bet is to find the stairs that take you from pier level to the market up probable a little over 100 feet and almost straight up why no streets. Fun place to visit and as Dan said, the local politicians are doing nothing to quell the homeless encampments and welcoming squatters setting up tents and tent cities almost everywhere especially in the downtown area.

It's all that weed, they're all smoking it and no one cares.

There is one area that has an elevator that will take you up to the Pike Market area from the street level of the port. It's a fair walk to it though. I did it a few years ago. I don't remember where the elevator is, but there is one. Check the ports of call board.

I was in Seattle last summer for a couple of days and what Dan says it true, there has been a definite increase in the homeless population.

It's all that weed, they're all smoking it and no one cares.

There is one area that has an elevator that will take you up to the Pike Market area from the street level of the port. It's a fair walk to it though. I did it a few years ago. I don't remember where the elevator is, but there is one. Check the ports of call board.

I was in Seattle last summer for a couple of days and what Dan says it true, there has been a definite increase in the homeless population.

Elevator is just beyond the Marriott. takes you up 1-2 blocks from Pike Plavd Market

Sent from my iPhone using Forums