Pacific Explorer - quiet spots for board games

im heading off for my first cruise on Pacific Explorer in a few weeks with some friends and we love board games. Does anyone have recommendations of quiet venues where it won’t cause disruption to occupy a table for 4-6 people for 3 hours.

Are some venues quiet at certain times of the day?

There is a card room on deck 12. It was the when the ship was Dawn Princess and is still showing on deck plan as being there. I have sailed on her as both but didn’t check it out after she became Explorer. The nightclub is also quiet during the day but not sure of table configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anybody in your group play chess or looking for a dance? I am travelling alone on back to back cruises departing 13 August 13 and 21 August on Pacific Explorer. Thanks. Cheers, Michael

There are about 30 of us Mostly we are into a range of modern Board Games. Think Pandemic, Dominion, Settlers of Catan rather than Monopoly, scrabble and chess.

I don't know them all but most Board gamer's are very accepting and most of us are a little evangelistic. We all start joining public groups scattered around the country so we are all used to newbies. Most people are learning new games every week so we are all used to teaching games we know.

We will be meeting in the Pantry a couple of times a day. Then spreading out to the best spots we can find. If you see a group of adults from 20-60 with a big bags of games gathering together, introduce yourself and I'm sure someone will try to recruit you to a game