Last cruise befoe a dry dock?

RJB

Is there any problems taking this kind of cruise. Heard that on other ships they start work with people onboard before the last cruise is done. Is this done on Oceania. Would like to know what we might be facing. Please give us your thoughts on this. Thanks a lot. :):)

Is there any problems taking this kind of cruise. Heard that on other ships they start work with people onboard before the last cruise is done. Is this done on Oceania. Would like to know what we might be facing. Please give us your thoughts on this. Thanks a lot. :):)
I can tell you that we have Nautica booked for what looks like her last cruise before June 2020 and we are in the process of cancelling and making other plans. Maybe Oceania will maintain the very highest standards as well as not start work but who can be sure of that?

Disappointed but would be even more disappointed if a pricey trip was less than expected.

YMMV

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

I agree...I would want at least two cruises after mine before a drydocking, and the same...at least two cruises before mine, after a drydocking, just to avoid any of those possibilites....

I have no experience with 'O', but have had on NCL...

We did a crossing on Marina from New York to Lisbon last April on her last cruise before going into dry dock, the most memorable part was the midnight sail away past Manhattan and out to sea. The ship was in good shape and the crew were all happy as many were going home from Lisbon, it was a really lovely trip, the service was good, food excellent and interesting passengers. I would have no problem booking the same trip or any pre-dry dock cruises with O. I would however avoid any cruise immediately post refit on ANY line....

Check out the reviews of NCL Sun on the cruise before it hit drydock (TL;DR: nightmare cruise).

Not exactly apples-to-apples, but NCL and O are sister lines under NCLH. So maybe red-apples to-green apples?

Maybe it'll be fine, but not something I'll choose to leave to chance.

We were on the spring T/A (I believe it was the Rivera) in '15 and the ship was going to dry dock after that sailing...nothing was dismantled etc during the cruise...LuAnn