SCARLET LADY - New Renderings and a Concern

eroller

Today we learned the name of Virgin Voyages first ship, to be called SCARLET LADY. Great name I think. We also learned about some fitness aspects of the ship as well as some eco friendly features. Some new renderings were also released which I will post here. To be honest I can't say I've been blown away by the renderings. I'm still excited about the ship and experience but perhaps expectations were too high. One concern I have is pools. On most ships they are small and overcrowded, and usually there are not enough of them. I fear the same will be true of SCARLET LADY. I've viewed the overhead CGI video released today, and there is no forward pool and no aft pools. So far just the small midship pool. Surely this can't be it for 2700 pax? Maybe they think adults don't swim?

Anyway here are the latest renderings.

43537306821_e9665a9d92_b.jpg

B Complex Gym

43489472862_7248ca0048_b.jpg

Stubble & Groom Barbershop

43489473042_7442543cd9_b.jpg

Mani-pedi Spa

43489473022_1a1d7257ea_o.png

Dry-dock Salon

43489473212_0d5645b193_o.png

Is there a possibility that there is an indoor pool, that just hasn't been 'revealed' yet? Like lots of other folks, my DH has to limit his sun exposure -- so the 'solarium' pools, on RC and X, are a big draw, for us. :confused:

Is there a possibility that there is an indoor pool, that just hasn't been 'revealed' yet? Like lots of other folks, my DH has to limit his sun exposure -- so the 'solarium' pools, on RC and X, are a big draw, for us. :confused:

Ship is big enough that you could have both maybe. Do agree that the pool we see is a joke and could be a deal breaker on warm weather cruises.

IMO I haven't seen much yet that just blows me away. I hope they come up with more stuff that is different and mind blowing. That's what I expect from Virgin. The recent new builds from MSC and Celebrity have stepped up their game. I would expect Virgin to beat that or be on the same level.

IMO I haven't seen much yet that just blows me away. I hope they come up with more stuff that is different and mind blowing. That's what I expect from Virgin. The recent new builds from MSC and Celebrity have stepped up their game. I would expect Virgin to beat that or be on the same level.

I’m with you 100%. Right now I’m far more excited about what I see with CELEBRITY EDGE. I’m booked on her in Feb. Talk about a forward thinking ship loaded with innovation and style. Just WOW.

There is still lots to be revealed with SCARLET LADY so I’m hoping for the best and still excited about an adult only ship. What I have seen so far though has left me meh. I would like to think that there is some kind of solarium indoor/outdoor pool to be revealed, but I don’t know where? The overhead CGI video has pretty much shown the entire top deck. Lots of seating areas but very sparse on water features. Maybe the center section where the well-being pool is, is large enough for a full size pool as well? Fingers crossed.

Yep -- especially if their first itinerary is a 'warm weather' destination, like the Caribbean! :confused:

From the FAQ page, Home Port will be Miami and The Scarlet Lady will be sailing to the Caribbean.

I’m with you 100%. Right now I’m far more excited about what I see with CELEBRITY EDGE. I’m booked on her in Feb. Talk about a forward thinking ship loaded with innovation and style. Just WOW.

There is still lots to be revealed with SCARLET LADY so I’m hoping for the best and still excited about an adult only ship. What I have seen so far though has left me meh. I would like to think that there is some kind of solarium indoor/outdoor pool to be revealed, but I don’t know where? The overhead CGI video has pretty much shown the entire top deck. Lots of seating areas but very sparse on water features. Maybe the center section where the well-being pool is, is large enough for a full size pool as well? Fingers crossed.

Celebrity Edge is definitely just full of Wow. The Virgin product that we all know is also typically full of Wow which is why I'm puzzled with what they have revealed so far. It just doesn't blow me away and I'm also now thinking that I am glad I didn't hurry to make an advance deposit to be the first to have a chance to book. I hope they proof me wrong with some great stuff to come.

Celebrity Edge is definitely just full of Wow. The Virgin product that we all know is also typically full of Wow which is why I'm puzzled with what they have revealed so far. It just doesn't blow me away and I'm also now thinking that I am glad I didn't hurry to make an advance deposit to be the first to have a chance to book. I hope they proof me wrong with some great stuff to come.

Well if I end up not liking what I see as more is revealed, that $500 deposit I put down is fully refundable, no questions asked. Hoping to still be wowed!

Well if I end up not liking what I see as more is revealed, that $500 deposit I put down is fully refundable, no questions asked. Hoping to still be wowed!

Same here! Actually, what I'm really hoping for is to nab a spot on the take-out Transatlantic cruise. No matter how "WOW-ey" the Scarlet Lady is -- I don't have much interest in sailing around the same handful of Caribbean islands that I've seen a dozen times. But, never having done a TA (or any European cruise) -- the thought of trying that on Sir Richard's new ship really appealed to me! :)

Same here! Actually, what I'm really hoping for is to nab a spot on the take-out Transatlantic cruise. No matter how "WOW-ey" the Scarlet Lady is -- I don't have much interest in sailing around the same handful of Caribbean islands that I've seen a dozen times. But, never having done a TA (or any European cruise) -- the thought of trying that on Sir Richard's new ship really appealed to me! :)

I'm hoping for the transatlantic too. Those are my favorite cruises. I just hope it's not so expensive that I can't afford the crossing.

They don’t allow kids but think that one kiddie pool is adequate for all those grown people? Maybe they should have had maybe one of their design teams have cruise experience. Who wants to bake in the sun all day with hardly any water features on board, not even a waterfall, to cool off? Perplexing when so much thought put into the renderings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I absolutely have to agree! What are they thinking? I want a resort style pool, ESPECIALLY if I am going on a Caribbean itinerary!!! And is this line only for the beautiful looking, really buff or model like people? That's the vibe I am getting, like if you are not able to be seen in a Miami club on a Saturday night and really fit, this is not the ship for you. Am I missing something? I expected to be blown away and am certainly NOT!!! From what I see, there's no way in hell I'll be on this ship, even though the outside looks cool and I love the idea of adults only. Oh, plus if you don't drink, it seems like you won't fit in as well.

I absolutely have to agree! What are they thinking? I want a resort style pool, ESPECIALLY if I am going on a Caribbean itinerary!!! And is this line only for the beautiful looking, really buff or model like people? That's the vibe I am getting, like if you are not able to be seen in a Miami club on a Saturday night and really fit, this is not the ship for you. Am I missing something? I expected to be blown away and am certainly NOT!!! From what I see, there's no way in hell I'll be on this ship, even though the outside looks cool and I love the idea of adults only. Oh, plus if you don't drink, it seems like you won't fit in as well.

Just read an interview he gave the other day during the name reveal. He said it is geared for all adults. Not just younger crowd. He said as long as you like to have fun, doesnt matter if you’re 70, you’re welcome on board. It is kind of funny that Branson has never cruised before......

Just read an interview he gave the other day during the name reveal. He said it is geared for all adults. Not just younger crowd. He said as long as you like to have fun, doesnt matter if you’re 70, you’re welcome on board. It is kind of funny that Branson has never cruised before......

I know he said it is for adults, but honestly, some of the things he has on there just baffle me. Like at the back of the ship there are all of these mats it looks like but they are facing inward not outward towards the sea and I would think they would be very hot and sticky and yucky in the hot Caribbean Sun and there doesn't seem to be any place for a band or any height to them so I'm assuming you just sit on the floor which is weird to me. I don't know, I have serious reservations about this ship.

I know he said it is for adults, but honestly, some of the things he has on there just baffle me. Like at the back of the ship there are all of these mats it looks like but they are facing inward not outward towards the sea and I would think they would be very hot and sticky and yucky in the hot Caribbean Sun and there doesn't seem to be any place for a band or any height to them so I'm assuming you just sit on the floor which is weird to me. I don't know, I have serious reservations about this ship.

I hear ya about the mat thing...will be interesting to see how that plays out and how they are actually used...I agree....probably very hot in the Caribbean sun...I’m also hoping this ship goes to Europe in the summers, but no indication of that unfortunately.

My goodness, the negativity here is a bit depressing. Why are people assuming the smalll pool is the only one, I haven’t seen anything from VV making that announcement? Those mats sure look like loungers to me, where did VV mention they are flat to the ground? Right now we are getting artists renditions of parts of the ship. If I recall, there was also some who were unhappy with the early Edge renditions and now people can wait to sail on her.

Obviously it is frustrating that info is trickling out so slowly but I’ll keep my glass half full for now.

• Like 1

My goodness, the negativity here is a bit depressing. Why are people assuming the smalll pool is the only one, I haven’t seen anything from VV making that announcement? Those mats sure look like loungers to me, where did VV mention they are flat to the ground? Right now we are getting artists renditions of parts of the ship. If I recall, there was also some who were unhappy with the early Edge renditions and now people can wait to sail on her.

Obviously it is frustrating that info is trickling out so slowly but I’ll keep my glass half full for now.

Katie -- we're hanging in there, too -- well, for now, anyway. Just concerned that we'll have scheduling conflicts, if VV doesn't get some 'nuts-n-bolts' info (cabin description & categories, pricing, itineraries, and sail dates) out there SOON! If memory serves, Celebrity was taking bookings for Edge, LONG before some of the ship details were released. Seems like VV is taking the absolute opposite approach! :(

Katie -- we're hanging in there, too -- well, for now, anyway. Just concerned that we'll have scheduling conflicts, if VV doesn't get some 'nuts-n-bolts' info (cabin description & categories, pricing, itineraries, and sail dates) out there SOON! If memory serves, Celebrity was taking bookings for Edge, LONG before some of the ship details were released. Seems like VV is taking the absolute opposite approach! :(

Suzanne, we booked our Edge cruises in May ‘17 when I think bookings opened up, so if VV is following a similar schedule hopefully it will be in the next few months.

Also, Scarlett Lady is a very large ship and we haven’t seen much of it. We’ll be hanging in.

Katie