P and O Australia - Australia Day Cruise Disappointment

datone

Well it took awhile but have been successful in disputing my credit card charge from P and O Australia and the $80.88 has been credited back to me.

Good news, even if it took so long.

Leigh

Well it took awhile but have been successful in disputing my credit card charge from P and O Australia and the $80.88 has been credited back to me.

Well Done! Surely P&O Australia have people in charge who can make quick good will decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no..and so it continues. We have had a bit of a cruise drought...just getting back into it now. We have booked Australia Day 2019 cruise to see the fireworks. I just stumbled upon this thread last night. The agent I have booked through had Eden docked until 10:30pm. After seeing this thread I checked P & O and the Port authority have Eden leaving at 5:30pm.

I have written to the agent to see what their reponse is. We wouldn't have booked if we had known. Should the agent offer OBC (their website still indicates leaving at 10:30pm) and I purchased in good faith or do I need to just suck it up and/or cancel?

Thanks cruisers - thoughts appreciated,

Angela

Oh no..and so it continues. We have had a bit of a cruise drought...just getting back into it now. We have booked Australia Day 2019 cruise to see the fireworks. I just stumbled upon this thread last night. The agent I have booked through had Eden docked until 10:30pm. After seeing this thread I checked P & O and the Port authority have Eden leaving at 5:30pm.

I have written to the agent to see what their reponse is. We wouldn't have booked if we had known. Should the agent offer OBC (their website still indicates leaving at 10:30pm) and I purchased in good faith or do I need to just suck it up and/or cancel?

Angela

This would be interesting to follow through as I’m pretty sure this is false advertising and you should be entitled to a full refund. But what would I know- I know when purchasing other commodities I’ve been able to cancel a contract if I don’t get what I’ve signed on to buy. I haven’t read the PO contract though to see if they cover this. It just seems so wrong to advertise an itinerary they know they won’t be delivering.

I get itineraries can change due to unforeseen circumstances, but if they already know the itinerary has changed that should be what they are advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Angela

See what the TA says. One of the main Oz cruising websites shows the ship departing at 17:00. If you can find that and print it or snip it to a file you then have good evidence to confront the TA with. If the TA doesn't come to the party, cancel - and if they have a nasty cancellation penalty threaten to sue them for misrepresentation.

If you really want to do that cruise then book again through someone who shows the true itinerary.

The TA got back to us with an agreeable solution or a full refund. We are going to go ahead with the booking. They said that P&O only informed them of the change 2 weeks ago...mmm...would P&O make the same mistake again?? Granted a bit further out this time...not sure who was at fault but it seems to be an ongoing issue.

Thanks all..disappointed but looking forward to breaking my cruise drought in 2019.

Angela