freshly juiced juices possible?

Bobtails12

Hi bobtails.

The straightforward answer to your question would be 'no', for the type of drink you're asking about.

However, there is sometimes a 'smoothie of the day' offered in the Colonnade at breakfast but it tends to be a mix of fruit juices and yogurt rather than spinach, kale etc and it's not offered every day. I saw a spinach one offered a couple of times on one cruise but don't think I saw the same on my most recent cruise. Look out for the specials board in the Colonnade, it's usually located behind the hot serving dish area.

Also, it's certainly worth asking if they can make a drink of this type for you.

I'm basing my reply on you cruising on an Odyssey class ship, I don't know about the new ones, and on my most recent cruise which was 6 months ago.

Bobtails I just saw where you were asking about the Sushi bar on Encore. I thought you'd mentioned you were on one of the O class ships, but it seems not so as I said in my post if you're on Encore or Ovation ignore my reply above as I haven't cruised on either of those.

Bobtails I just saw where you were asking about the Sushi bar on Encore. I thought you'd mentioned you were on one of the O class ships, but it seems not so as I said in my post if you're on Encore or Ovation ignore my reply above as I haven't cruised on either of those.

yes next month odyssey ....though my partner is looking at antarctic/alaska options for next year ....so all info welcome...thanks

yes next month odyssey ....though my partner is looking at antarctic/alaska options for next year ....so all info welcome...thanks

Thanks for that. Given the differences between the O class ships and the new ones I'm a bit wary of answering questions correctly if I'm not sure what ship people are booked on!

As I said, if there's anything you want when you're onboard, don't be afraid to ask. They will do their best to get it for you.

Thanks for that. Given the differences between the O class ships and the new ones I'm a bit wary of answering questions correctly if I'm not sure what ship people are booked on!

As I said, if there's anything you want when you're onboard, don't be afraid to ask. They will do their best to get it for you.

thanks Isklaar - i might ask if I see available produce around the breakfast area etc - i like a nice long leisurely dinner - so don't eat breakfast or lunch sometimes - to ensure I enjoy dinner. an espresso and a juice are usually handy to bridge any hunger gaps...

thanks Isklaar - i might ask if I see available produce around the breakfast area etc - i like a nice long leisurely dinner - so don't eat breakfast or lunch sometimes - to ensure I enjoy dinner. an espresso and a juice are usually handy to bridge any hunger gaps...

Now that you've mentioned it, given the popularity of juices right now I'm surprised that this isn't something that Seabourn offers more often. Maybe you can persuade theme

As you're on Odyssey I'm assuming it's a Med cruise, so they usually do bring onboard local in-season produce. I'll be interested to read any updates from you during or after your cruise. One year, on a Med cruise with another cruise line artichokes must have been season. They appeared everywhere, every day! Never been much of a fan since then. :')

Now that you've mentioned it, given the popularity of juices right now I'm surprised that this isn't something that Seabourn offers more often. Maybe you can persuade theme

As you're on Odyssey I'm assuming it's a Med cruise, so they usually do bring onboard local in-season produce. I'll be interested to read any updates from you during or after your cruise. One year, on a Med cruise with another cruise line artichokes must have been season. They appeared everywhere, every day! Never been much of a fan since then. :')

yes a med cruise - so I will certainly be asking if possible - but understand they can be labour intensive if limited staff - and i am not that demanding - espresso will always do with a couple of litres of perrier instead :)

i know what you mean on 'too much of a good thing' - i often see that with salads....you know rocket on everything...... there are other leaves ....

yes a med cruise - so I will certainly be asking if possible - but understand they can be labour intensive if limited staff - and i am not that demanding - espresso will always do with a couple of litres of perrier instead :)

i know what you mean on 'too much of a good thing' - i often see that with salads....you know rocket on everything...... there are other leaves ....

Oh yes, rocket on everything. At least on SB they call it 'arugula' so you can pretend it's not rocket until you actually taste it :D

Oh yes, rocket on everything. At least on SB they call it 'arugula' so you can pretend it's not rocket until you actually taste it :D

i keep thinking of the philadelphia cream cheese advert from the 80's now....where they used to have philadephia on a cracker and then the woman would add lollo rosso ,,,'for that continental touch"...as the voice in the background would say....

fancy :)

I wish they would offer fresh squeezed juices, vegie specifically. Seabourn square is the obvious choice, but it’s already busy cramped and crowded for the baristas. They would have to add it to the area on the left of the prep area, and it would require a dedicated juice person. Lastly, juices use a lot of produce.

Nah, it’s never going to happen.

DW asked about juices on the Quest a couple of years ago and Michael organized a drink to be made for her each morning when she arrived at the Colonnade (something like Kale / lemon / pear / ginger). It became known as the “green drink” by Michael and the crew. The precision in which it arrived each morning, no matter what time we arrived at the a Colonnade was amazing.

So I would say ask nicely about what you want and they may be able to satisfy.

DW asked about juices on the Quest a couple of years ago and Michael organized a drink to be made for her each morning when she arrived at the Colonnade (something like Kale / lemon / pear / ginger). It became known as the “green drink” by Michael and the crew. The precision in which it arrived each morning, no matter what time we arrived at the a Colonnade was amazing.

So I would say ask nicely about what you want and they may be able to satisfy.

Another great example of why some of us just love Seabourn!