Changed my Flight

Srguppy

My cruise leaves in about 6 weeks. I booked my air thru Princess. The airline(AA) has cancelled the 115pm flight out of YVR, and automatically put me on the 1101pm flight. Well, that is not acceptable for me. There is a United flight that would work, but the Princess people say that I have to go on American for some reason. The flight to the cruise is on Delta. I'm not Happy (or any of the other 7 dwarfs!)

My cruise leaves in about 6 weeks. I booked my air thru Princess. The airline(AA) has cancelled the 115pm flight out of YVR, and automatically put me on the 1101pm flight. Well, that is not acceptable for me. There is a United flight that would work, but the Princess people say that I have to go on American for some reason. The flight to the cruise is on Delta. I'm not Happy (or any of the other 7 dwarfs!)

May I suggest that you call Princess again. You will PROBABLY get a different person who MAY be able to help. If not, ask for a supervisor who will at least be able to offer solutions and hopefully be able to fix it. This is why I always use a TA.

Maureen

If your ticket has been purchased which is likely since the cruise will be in 42 or so days, you have to work with the airline. Since the airline changed the flight time which they do on future flights to better balance their system, you have to call AA. I have never had a problem working with AA after my flight time has been changed but you have to call them. Princess cannot help after the ticket has been purchased. Call AA now and they will work with you.

Because your original flight is with AA (after cruise), you would need to work with them now that they have canceled your original flight. If it is before the flights were ticketed, Princess might be able to put you on a different airline...

Srguppy..if you are not "Happy", call me "Grumpy" . We had a schedule change without our consent or knowledge also. Our new one may be doable if weather permits. We had an earlier flight out of Orlando to Charlotte then to London. We booked it earlier to give us extra time should we be in hurricane weather or even the famous Florida afternoon thunderstorm. They said the original flight was cancelled but 2 months later it was put back on the schedule under a different flight number. We called to have it changed back to the earlier time and were told it would cost us another 100.00 as it was now considered a "different" flight. They had no problem switching us to a later flight then it should have been just as easy to put us back to our original time. We don't seem to have any rights in these matters. I will hope for good weather or at the very least that Princess will honor their commitment to getting us to the port. We are leaving a day early so we have wiggle room. Good luck to us all.

The problem is the time until the cruise. They are within the 45 day period.No changes without penalties.

I'm not following.... The OP seemed pretty clear that they didn't change the flight, American Airlines did. Why would there be any penalties? Worst case, if a usable alternative itinerary came about at a higher price, the OP would have to pay the difference, but airlines usually don't gouge pax with penalties when THEY cancel or change flight.

OP....I would suggest that you do some homework before contacting AA. Look at their website and see if there are other flights available, perhaps even stay a night in Vancouver and go out the next day.

Please keep us posted......

This is so disappointing...but as others have said. you must now work with AA to get things sorted out.

It sounds like you have a one-way return ticket with AA...are there 8 in your party....?

United can't even be considered as you have a nonrefunable ticket with AA as your 45 days have passed.

It really doesn't matter if the time is unacceptable to you, it matters what flights AA has available.

In May I booked a Alaska cruise and used 4 flights thru EZ air, all were changed very close to departure, I had to accept the changes, as the other options offered thru the airline were not as functional.

Good luck....

Edited by land lover

Since the new flight is too early for you, call AA (since they changed your original booking) and find out what later flight they have that will work.

They should be willing to change you to a later flight at no cost to you since they changed your booking to an unacceptable flight.

Call AA. If the airline changes the flight, you will be able to rebook to a flight that works for you (as long as that flight isn't fully booked) with no penalty fees.

I’ve had airlines change my flight time to ridiculous times. I have always been able to change to another flight that is more to my liking or needs. I was told that when an airline changes the flight more than 2 hours they must let you change your flight with no penalty or charge. I’ve done it. Call your airline. I’m willing to bet you can cancel the entire flight with no penalty. Do you have flight insurance?

Maureen

I just yesterday had a problem with EZair....They booked us with a segment on WestJet......I called to arrange for seating and was informed that WestJet was not going to recognize Delta Sky miles and I would have to pay for a assigned seat as well as my baggage. I spent a day rectifying this and I WILL NEVER USE EZAIR AGAIN

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would be curious to know how you rectified this. Westjet will not allow seats to be assigned until they have been paid for and you are ticketed. Even then they charge for seat assignments in economy and there are baggage fees. While they code share with Delta they do not recognize Delta Sky Miles nor are they obliged to - although that may change in the future.

EZAir is merely a conduit to the airlines often at a great price. Each airline has its own rules. Bookings on United and Delta for example allow you to 'see' the bookings on their websites and allow seat selection, before it is ticketed. By comparison a future booking I have from Canada to Brisbane for early next year is on Westjet and Air New Zealand but I cannot access either booking on the airlines' websites until it is ticketed. However a quick call to ANZ confirmed they could see the booking, but at a cost of US$530 one way I am not complaining!!

I just yesterday had a problem with EZair....They booked us with a segment on WestJet......I called to arrange for seating and was informed that WestJet was not going to recognize Delta Sky miles and I would have to pay for a assigned seat as well as my baggage. I spent a day rectifying this and I WILL NEVER USE EZAIR AGAIN

EZAir does not select the flights. You do. If you had a WestJet segment it is because you selected it.

Be sure to check your flights with Princess. Looked at mine yesterday (Air France through Delta) and our flight home had been cancelled. I called Princess and their air department fixed everything & I was able to go online & get our original seats back. Woman I talked to said that it was a good thing that I called....sheesh!

If an airline changes a flight by more than 1 hour you usually have the right to approve the change, or reschedule without change fee. So as long as you have not approved the change with the airline you can probably move to a later flight.

However, it would only be to other flights by that airline. Once you are ticketed on an airline, it is pretty much between you and them.