Carnival Spirit Questions

Another question. Have any of you been to the gym on the Spirit post dry dock? We cruised on the Spirit last December and the bikes and treadmills were not working in several cases. I presume this would have been looked at for dry dock.

Anybody care to comment on specialty restaurants on board? Not sure what else there is beside nouveau - haven’t been before. Worthwhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't personally, but know plenty who have eaten at Nouveau and not been disappointed - everyone has said it's worth it. I believe it's $45, and if you book for the first night you get a free bottle of wine. The only other restaurant with a charge is Bonsai Sushi.

There's also a selection of dishes from Nouveau on the menu in the MDR you can purchase, I believe around $20 or $25

Thanks for the info about nouveau- I may have to give it a try after those comments!!

Go first night; you get a bonus bottle of wine...

been to Nouveau about 30 times. the best Steak's. it would cost you about $200 plus if dining in Sydney or Melbourne.. There's also a 5 course long lunch on last sea day. Well worth it..

Another question. Have any of you been to the gym on the Spirit post dry dock? We cruised on the Spirit last December and the bikes and treadmills were not working in several cases. I presume this would have been looked at for dry dock.

All upgraded & new...

been to Nouveau about 30 times. the best Steak's. it would cost you about $200 plus if dining in Sydney or Melbourne.. There's also a 5 course long lunch on last sea day. Well worth it..

Cheers for the advice, :D

Excellent, thanks Hunter69, was already thinking about going night 1 - this advice seals it!

Is the wine per person or per table?

Can they do a table for 11 or will we need to split up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is not a bottle per person. I'm not sure how they do it for large groups. We go as a table for 3 (2 adults) and received one free bottle. They have large round tables but 11 might be pushing it. I have been 4 times and never seen it fully booked. I'm sure you could get them to make a big table or have you at two adjacent ones.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Forums mobile app

Another question for those recently returned from the south pacific.

What temperatures did you experience? Air and / or sea?

Cheers

The first two days leaving Sydney were fairly cool, and then it started to warm up. You'll definitely want to pack some long sleeves/long pants in addition to more summery gear. Vanuatu was really warm, New Caledonia was "warm enough". The water I would describe as refreshing upon entry, and then beautiful once you (quickly) got used to it. Coming back to Sydney it stayed warm the whole way, I think the day we returned was about 25 or so. Much nicer than Melbourne!

Mid to high 20's out in the islands, 22 for water. Did 12 days on Spirit last August. Only cold i felt was breakfast embarkment day.. It's all Air-con inside & sail-out was beautiful Sydney day 22"..
We went early July last year and weather was perfect. Low to mid 20s. Water a bit cooler but still good. We snorkelled every port day.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Forums mobile app

The first two days leaving Sydney were fairly cool, and then it started to warm up. You'll definitely want to pack some long sleeves/long pants in addition to more summery gear. Vanuatu was really warm, New Caledonia was "warm enough". The water I would describe as refreshing upon entry, and then beautiful once you (quickly) got used to it. Coming back to Sydney it stayed warm the whole way, I think the day we returned was about 25 or so. Much nicer than Melbourne!
Thanks all - just packing those extra long-sleeve light-weight items.

Don't worry about us packing those warm items! We'll be wearing them when we leave Cbr at 6am -4°C and again when we disembark.

Cheers

Off to a rocky start....

Dors anyone know why?

Dear Carnival Spirit Guest,

We are running a little behind schedule today. We ask that you please push back your check-in time by one hour (e.g. 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM window will become 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM).

Staterooms will be available after 2:30 PM. In preparation for departure, all guests must be checked in and on board no later than 5:45 PM.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Cheers

This upcoming Spirit cruise will be my lovely wife's first away from RCI. I think she is expecting a very similar experience to Explorer but is prepared for different. She already knows that she loves cruising and one of the things she loves most is meeting new people.

The big difference will be that we are travelling with family - which can be a bit hit & miss. I hope nobody expects us to be in each other's pockets 24/7. Ironically that is our sail date!

Cheers

Was that the Spirit leaving Sydney this evening? We were watching from our windows as it sailed down the Harbour with its lights blazing. A wonderfully evocative sight she was

We got off the Spirit this morning after a great and enjoyable cruise. Not sure why there were delays for today’s cruisers. We disembarked at 7.20am - no issues. Glad all went well and the ship was able to depart at 6.30. [emoji1]

We got off the Spirit this morning after a great and enjoyable cruise. Not sure why there were delays for today’s cruisers. We disembarked at 7.20am - no issues. Glad all went well and the ship was able to depart at 6.30. [emoji1]

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed it.

I am not sure why it missed the departure window but it would then have to wait due to weekday rush hour traffic on the harbour.