Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

So in other words, you can sail 21x for 3-4 days and get Loyalty credit for the cruises, but if you’v only done 5-6 cruises and done more days because you pick longer cruises, you are not considered loyal. I know I’ll get flamed but that doesn’t seem fair.

This is a Top Secret for ice cream lovers.:D If you go to the Library there’s a button under the librarians desk that will open a door behind one of the bookcases. If you go through this door you will be in the back of the kitchen we’re they make all The ICE CREAM. Please bring your own spoon :D This it a SECRET so don’t tell everyone. ;)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

:-)

Hi -

Princess does a great job in being honorable and truthful about the perks for Veterans and stockholders (shareholder benefit). Veterans: once they have your form DD214 or proof of service, you get the OBC (onboard credit) for each future cruise. - I think they store that info in your Captains Circle account.

Stockholder: for each cruise, you have to fax your "proof" to their special department. In my case, a screen shot picture of the page on my brokerage monthly report, with the Carnival stock (parent company of Princess) circled. I feel like I have to wait until final payment is made to send this in. This last time, within hours, they had posted the credit to my account. You can get both of these credits (more credit for longer cruises) on all cruises regardless of other discounts and deals.

Do NOT expect the same from Royal Caribbean, who, while trying to ride the coattails of Princess - uses stockholder credit as a reward only if they have not already given you some other discount - which is nearly always.

While on board, make a $100 deposit /pp (per person) on a future cruise - and when you take that cruise later on, you will get an OBC, as well as getting to use that small amount as your deposit. I keep a couple of future cruise deposits on the books at all times - refundable if you don't end up booking within their time period (a couple of years, if I recall) -- the math on my next cruise: $200 paid to Princess last year (for the couple) $100 back in OBC, the $200 taken off the ticket price when we reserved-- but we lost interest from our savings account by having Princess hold our money - so deduct about 12 cents. --

[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.[/

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.[/

Deleted

So in other words, you can sail 21x for 3-4 days and get Loyalty credit for the cruises, but if you’v only done 5-6 cruises and done more days because you pick longer cruises, you are not considered loyal. I know I’ll get flamed but that doesn’t seem fair.

Why? That's the way Princess's system is set up.

Pack all the quarters you like, but they will not be valuable in the laundry room.

Sorry, they will be valuable just not useful in completing any laundry.

You can put them all in a sock, and defend your dryer, as needed.

This wasn’t my post. I commented quarters won’t help, you must buy tokens. When I realized others had already posted that, I deleted my post.

When it comes to most cruised passengers, they go by days, not cruises. If you do the normal 15 cruises at 7 days, that totals 105 days to get to elite. The 150 days is nice because people as myself can get to elite with fewer cruises. It is just a case of the rules are rules. I have heard of cruisers doing back to back 3 and 4 day cruises to get to elite before a longer cruise. My take is they should have made it 15 cruises with so many days minimum or 150 days, but it is to late now as there are cruisers who are more than likely doing the 3/4 days effort as I write.

Just found out about the Military benefit...$100 onboard credit for our next 7 day cruise...we are Platinum and could have had this all along...I assumed it was for active duty military but it's both veteran's and active duty!

What proof is required ?

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.

Not quarters anymore. All ships now use tokens. You can get them from the machines or Passenger Services if the machines are empty.

I made my own brewed ice tea at the buffet. I brought a Tervis insulated cup with me. I'd brew a cup of tea with 2 tea bags (making it stronger)' date=' and fill the Tervis cup with ice. When the tea had brewed, I'd pour it into the Tervis cup, add lemon and sweetener, and I had real brewed tea. I agree that the junk from syrup is awful.[/quote']

We do the same thing. Except we use about 4-5 tea bags! I always get a coffee card, mostly for the fresh brewed coffee. The swill they try to pass off as tea and coffee in the buffet is horrible. Probably my only complaint about cruising:')

This is a great OBC but I just can't figure out why if you are traveling with your spouse, only one of you get this OBC.

Because the benefit is for the veteran?

However I am very grateful Princess and the company choose to acknowledge and honor those who have served in such a nice way.

It is more recognition than I get from my state of residence :(

Not quarters anymore. All ships now use tokens. You can get them from the machines or Passenger Services if the machines are empty.

I’m stuck with the post about bringing quarters. It wasn’t my post. I commented that quarters were required, then realized others had already said that and tried to delete my comment.

Beware! When you delete a comment on a post, the post may get attached to your name!

ah, forgot about the military credit . . thanks! Just sent in the forms and they already credited our account :)

Just remember that the Veterans' OBC is linked to your Captain's Circle number, so if you ever schedule a Princess cruise through a travel agent, make sure that he/she remembers to put that number in your reservation or you won't get credited with that OBC!!

Tom

Hi Gang, We are cruising Diamond princess April !9th 2019, I don't see a International Cafe on-board. I enjoy my morning brew, I thought every ship had one. But still we are still going.
You can definitely get fresh brewed and specialty coffees at the Lobby Bar on Plaza deck 5 and probably at Crooners on Promenade deck 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums