Cruisetour Cash

geomapper

We are booked for a Princess landtour/cruise in August. My wife and I each have $200 landtour cash. I’m courious as to how the cash works. I understand it’s only good for the land tour portion of the trip. Do we get a voucher or card? Where can it be used? Thanks in advance for any info.

Just got back from a Princess cruise and land tour where we also had $200 per adult credit. It is only good on the land tour portion. We received ours as $25 cerftificates. So eight of them each. They were good in the lodges that we stayed in. We used most of them in the gift stores. We were also able to use them in the store to pay for shipping gifts back home. And we used them in the dining room to purchase a bottle of wine for dinner. I believe you can use them for food purchases as well but our tour covered food cost already. One important thing is that they will not give you any change back. So if your item cost $52 - you want to give them two certificates and pay them the last $2 in cash. If you gave them three certificates you would not get back the remaining $23.

Just got back from a Princess cruise and land tour where we also had $200 per adult credit. It is only good on the land tour portion. We received ours as $25 cerftificates. So eight of them each. They were good in the lodges that we stayed in. We used most of them in the gift stores. We were also able to use them in the store to pay for shipping gifts back home. And we used them in the dining room to purchase a bottle of wine for dinner. I believe you can use them for food purchases as well but our tour covered food cost already. One important thing is that they will not give you any change back. So if your item cost $52 - you want to give them two certificates and pay them the last $2 in cash. If you gave them three certificates you would not get back the remaining $23.

This sounds like the 'land' version of OBC on a ship. Is it given to passengers as a perk or do you have to pay $USD cash for it?

Must be new. We did a connoisseur land tour in 2016 and didn't get any land cash coupons.

It was a promotion that was offered sometime last year for land tours in the summer of 2018. I got the impression it was something new because the princess rep we talked with couldn’t give us much info other than it would only be good for the land tour and could not be used toward the cost of any land excursions. It didn’t change the cost of the land tour that we had already purchased so it was a nice surprise.

It was a promotion that was offered sometime last year for land tours in the summer of 2018. I got the impression it was something new because the princess rep we talked with couldn’t give us much info other than it would only be good for the land tour and could not be used toward the cost of any land excursions. It didn’t change the cost of the land tour that we had already purchased so it was a nice surprise.

Soooo... Was it only usable at the lodges or could it be used elsewhere? $200 apiece at the lodges buys a lot of beer (:eek:) or perhaps souvenir shirts or sweatshirts or something.

Soooo... Was it only usable at the lodges or could it be used elsewhere? $200 apiece at the lodges buys a lot of beer (:eek:) or perhaps souvenir shirts or sweatshirts or something.

Only good at the lodges - gift shops and restaurants. Definitely could buy a lot of beer. :beer-mug: We had no issues using it at the lodges in McKinley, Denali, and Fairbanks. Not sure if it can be used in Anchorage since that’s a hotel and not a lodge?