Emerald Princess to Alaska

GoldieJ

We were on the Emerald last March for a 16 day cruise and found the Emerald to be in great shape. On that cruise they replaced the wooden rail on our balcony one day we were in port (they were changing them all). The point is that they are continually working on the ship updating things. We did appreciate the new beds. We had no complaints and everything from the ship to the staff were the usual Princess quality. I believe that some just like to complain about things and wonder sometimes if the complainers were even on the ship. Go and have a good time and don't worry about the ship.

My son and I sailed on her from June 3 - June 10, 2018 to Alaska. We had a wonderful time. She was very clean. The staff were cleaning constantly and painters were scraping and painting on the decks all the time.

The crew and staff were very friendly. I was always greeted with a smile and kind words every time I passed one while walking around the ship. Our cabin steward was wonderful. His name was Roger. The food in the MDR was very good. We ate in the MDR most nights. We had anytime dining. I called in the morning and made reservations for 5:30 each day. The head waiter always seated us by a window so we would have a good view .We ate in the buffet a few times. The food was fine, I just did not want to eat that much food for breakfast or lunch. We ate at the IC for most of our lunches and breakfasts. I went to the IC every morning around 5:30 to get a cappuccino for me and a coffee for my son. They were always very friendly. There was never a line at that time of the morning. We ate at Share, the Curtis Stone restaurant. It was a lovely experience. The onboard Naturalist was up on the bridge a lot, giving commentary. I enjoyed the entertainment, especially Nathan Foley. the Captain was very friendly. We got all the way into Tracy Arm Fjord. That was quite an experience. I have no complaints from our cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed. the new beds on Princess are so comfortable! I would have loved to put the mattress in my luggage and brought it home.

No idea why people are so picky. We did 28 days on Emerald Princess last October and it was a fantastic cruise. Ship and crew were wonderful. Not a single complaint.

This is great to hear I am a first time cruiser on the Emerald next month to Alaska and although I'm not incredibly picky I was also a bit concerned by the recent reviews. I can't think of a better way to see the most of Alaska in a week so getting excited as the date draws near!

We thoroughly enjoyed. the new beds on Princess are so comfortable! I would have loved to put the mattress in my luggage and brought it home.

Agreed! Friends picked us up from the airport and said, "I guess you'll be glad to sleep in your own bed tonight." And we just laughed and said no!!!! So comfortable...

a good read , thanks. we are off to Alaska next month , can't wait.

can anyone let us know what drinks we can take on board, we are 3 adults? thanks.

No limits on sodas, water, juices.

No limits on wine or Champagne, but after one per adult you have to pay at embarkation $15 a bottle. The "free" one will be charged $15 if you bring it to a dining room.

No beer or alcohol (other than the wine/Champagne mentioned above) allowed at all.

No limits on sodas, water, juices.

No limits on wine or Champagne, but after one per adult you have to pay at embarkation $15 a bottle. The "free" one will be charged $15 if you bring it to a dining room.

No beer or alcohol (other than the wine/Champagne mentioned above) allowed at all.

brilliant thanks. we only want a couple of bottles of red in our cabin.