Hidden 2.00 dollar on Triumph.

jdoc2010

OP, it became a tradition for ship builders to lay a coin on the keel of the ship during construction as a sign of good fortune. It's to my understanding that Carnival began placing a second coin on their ships for passengers to find. It's become a bit of a "treasure hunt" for passengers who know about it. In the case of the Triumph, they used a $2 bill (for whatever reason).

OP, it became a tradition for ship builders to lay a coin on the keel of the ship during construction as a sign of good fortune. It's to my understanding that Carnival began placing a second coin on their ships for passengers to find. It's become a bit of a "treasure hunt" for passengers who know about it. In the case of the Triumph, they used a $2 bill (for whatever reason).

Thanks - I knew about the traditional coin for good fortune. Just never seen nor heard of a 2.00 bill on any other ship.

Interesting, none the less.

Most if not all ships have a "lucky coin" somewhere on display. Carnival ship coins, as well as most passenger ships, the coins are usually placed on the topmost passenger access deck in the forward part of the ship. Fun to look for on a sea day. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most if not all ships have a "lucky coin" somewhere on display. Carnival ship coins, as well as most passenger ships, the coins are usually placed on the topmost passenger access deck in the forward part of the ship. Fun to look for on a sea day. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spoiler alert