Cruising with a 18 month old

Tigerman4LSU

Nursery--$9 per hour

Splash area only, cannot use any pool until toilet trained

Open house--you can take child in to play in the Oceaneer's Club during open house hours

Wake up with Disney Jr. --early morning exercise for little kids

Do you have specific questions?

Also, as you know, little kids require more "stuff." Diapers, multiple changes of clothes, stroller. At least at that age you're done with bottles, formula, and burp clothes.

How old is your child now? Toddlers are motors without minds - they seem to get everywhere and never sit still, but with no idea of the consequences of their actions. Some parents don't mind being constantly "on" watching them outside of the toddler-proofed house, but for others it can be draining. He/she may have no interest in sitting still for shows or dinner.

That said, one of my favorite WDW trips was when dd was 17 mos. She was over the moon the entire time. It was so much fun just watching her. She loved the characters, actually LOVED all the shows.

We did DCL to Alaska when my son was 20 months. It was a great trip. They have open house in the kids club, so he was able to play there with our supervision. He also loved the live music and characters. We did not use the nursery, but my son was still napping so that was our adult time. We popped him in his stroller (asleep) and took him along to whatever we wanted to do.

In some ways, travelling with a toddler is easier than travelling with older kids because he was interested in everything. Now as a 5 year old, he complains if we aren't doing what he wants to do.