Any current info about Carnival Elation

dulcemariamar

hi,

I am looking to book a cruise this summer. I was thinking about giving the Elation a try since it just left drydock.

I am pretty flexible but my husband well....lets just say he is not so much. He loves Carnival but has only been on Magic and Vista.

I have done this class size ship but like 15 years ago so I have a lot of questions.

How is the food? This is important to both of us.

I know the ship is old but is is kept clean?

How is the kids camp?

And will you experience more sea sickness aboard a smaller ship?

How many of you will there be? The best kept secrets thus far are the new cabins on deck 14 forward. The new Ocean/junior suites have much larger balconies than the originals on Verandah Deck. Also the insides for 3 on deck 14 are large and have a sofa bed. On that deck, bedside lamps had two USB ports each plus to more at the desk. EM

hi,

I am looking to book a cruise this summer. I was thinking about giving the Elation a try since it just left drydock.

I am pretty flexible but my husband well....lets just say he is not so much. He loves Carnival but has only been on Magic and Vista.

I have done this class size ship but like 15 years ago so I have a lot of questions.

How is the kids camp?

It's an old beat up clunker.

Ahh, a question about a Fantasy-class ship. I wonder if--

--Yep, there it is, riclop's "old clunker" comment. You can set your watch by it. :rolleyes:

OP, in answer to your questions....

Food should be good. Elation has had her upgrades so in addition to the MDR and Lido she is also equipped with Blue Iguana Cantina -- great choice for breakfast burritos and there's usually no line! -- and Guy's Burger Joint, home of the "best burgers at sea" (per CruiseCritic).

She will be pretty fresh out of drydock, so she should be in good shape. On every Carnival cruise I've been on, I've always seen random crew sprucing up public areas and reapplying paint-work.

If you experience high seas or heavy swells, possibly. If it's a concern you might want to consider a midships cabin lower down to minimize the motion. Elation has stabilizers so they'll deploy them if it will help with side-to-side rolling. If it's front-to-back "bucking" in swells, there's nothing any ship can do about it except forge ahead.

Something else to look forward to: Elation has its Serenity area in the back, like all Fantasy-class ships, and I really love that location. No wind and a great view of the ship's wake, plus it's just down the stairs from Lido Deck, the pizzeria and the two outdoor seating "wings" aabove Serenity.

Not quite! She may be old, but she just got a fresh face lift! A great review with pics on here, look at Jamman54 review. He and his wife, Patti do some excellent reviews! He just did a B2B on (I think) the Magic, and then drove up to Jacksonville and boarded the Elation. It really was a beautiful ship. Please, check it out for yourself. Don’t let any negative comments on here influence you. Yes, it is a smaller, Fantasy class ship, but it’s worth trying before these smaller ships are gone forever, replaced by only mega ships.

The Debarkation process is a nightmare .Having 2k passengers go up to deck 8 .or 9 and wait until they clear the ship and only one way off the ship is a debacle .They close off all the front elevator's ,so you have to use either the middle ,or aft elevator's.When you finally get off ,you have to walk out and into the terminal and go around in a circle around where they bring the luggage in to and then back out of the terminal and then back into the terminal to get to the outside parking lot .They have three CBP agents to check 2k passengers back in ,,save your money and go on a larger better ship .

They have three CBP agents to check 2k passengers back in ,,save your money and go on a larger better ship .

The number of CBP agents assigned for check-in and screening has nothing to do with the ship's age...or seemingly, with its size. We were debarking from one of Royal's Freedom-class ships in FLL -- more than twice the size of Elation -- and we only had three CBP agents doing the screening. REALLY glad we were driving home and not taking a flight before noon.

hi,

How is the kids camp?

We just got off on Dec. 26. We really enjoyed this cruise. The food was okay, and we felt that their were enough options to choose from in the MDR. I am a picky eater, and I was ok. I felt that the ship was kept very clean, and our cabin stewards were amazing. We also liked the musicians a lot more on this cruise than on our last on the Valor.

This was our 8 year old daughters first cruise along with us leaving on her birthday, and gone during Christmas. The Kids club was amazing. She begged to go, and even wanted to eat dinner with them a couple nights. She always did some sort of craft which she really enjoys. She also enjoyed the Waterworks, and went up and down the slides a lot. She didn't even want to use the pool. She now wants to do another cruise. The CD Kevin was great very upbeat and funny. None of us got sea sick, but none of us ever have. She did rock a bit on the way home due to it being a bit rough, but it wasn't horrible.

My husband actually wants to take another cruise on this ship. It was easy to navigate, clean, and loads of fun.