2nd Day in Kauai - Suggestions

Salem615

These boards have been so helpful. Thank you to all who offer great advice.

We are in the final stages of planning our trip on POA in April.

Any advice on the 2nd day in Kauai? We have a very full first day but the second day is a short day so we do not want to venture too far. Is there a nice area near the port to visit that we can walk to? Our other ideas were a tour to Waimea Canyon or the Hawaii Movie Tour. Anybody done either and what did you think?

On our first day in Kauai we are going to Waimea Canyon in the morning and Smith's Luau (from Roberts) in the late afternoon. This didn't give us time to see much of the island so we opted to take the Movie Tour on the second day in which we should see a lot more of the island. Due to the short day, we are doing it through the ship.

The Waimea Canyon is doable on the 2nd day if you rent a car and get an early start. On our last cruise to Hawaii that is what we did. If you choose to do this be sure to give yourself PLENTY of time to return the car and get back to the ship. I would return the car NO LATER than 1PM.

On our first day in Kauai we are going to Waimea Canyon in the morning and Smith's Luau (from Roberts) in the late afternoon. This didn't give us time to see much of the island so we opted to take the Movie Tour on the second day in which we should see a lot more of the island. Due to the short day, we are doing it through the ship.

We were considering the Movie Tour as well. Are you doing it through Roberts or through the ship?

We are doing the Movie tour through the ship even though it is more expensive than Roberts. Since it is such a short day, we feel more comfortable doing it through the ship.

Yes - that was my thought as well. Roberts has a similar tour that is cheaper but it will be cutting it close with a 1pm return time. They do guarantee to get you back to the ship though

Not sure what you have planned for your first day, but I highly recommend seeing Kauai from the air. Last time I did a helicopter tour, and this time we are trying the Cessna tour by Wings Over Kauai. Either is a decent option to do on a short day. There is also a beach within walking distance from the port if you are ready to relax after such a busy trip!

We are actually doing the Cessna tour on the first day, and then the Movie Tour through NCL on the second day. I tried to strategically buffer some down time between all the long excursions. I remember being exhausted by the end of the cruise the last time I did this trip and I was younger & in better shape ;p.

Not sure what you have planned for your first day, but I highly recommend seeing Kauai from the air. Last time I did a helicopter tour, and this time we are trying the Cessna tour by Wings Over Kauai. Either is a decent option to do on a short day. There is also a beach within walking distance from the port if you are ready to relax after such a busy trip!

We are actually doing the Cessna tour on the first day, and then the Movie Tour through NCL on the second day. I tried to strategically buffer some down time between all the long excursions. I remember being exhausted by the end of the cruise the last time I did this trip and I was younger & in better shape ;p.

Our first day we are doing a bi-plane tour with Air Ventures. (It's on my hubby's bucket list!) That will be in the morning and then later that day we are doing a river tour and then Luau through Roberts Hawaii.

I think we decided to do the Hawaii Movie Tour the second day. Looks pretty relaxing and a nice way to wrap up the vacation.

We figured we will back on the ship by 1pm and can relax the rest of the day. :D