No more cc add ons

balf

As of yesterday Cunard can no longer add a fee for bookings paid by credit card. Payments by cc do give consumers added protection if things go wrong. Can’t help thinking Cunard will be too happy with the loss of this nice little earner.

David

Same for every company that used to charge for credit card use but I am sure Cunard will increase fares for new bookings in the future to cover credit card charges losses.

The amounts Cunard will miss out on are very small.

Example: we pay deposit of £100,00 on credit Card (minimum under law) @ 1.5%, with deposit balance on debit card. Final balance on debit card.

£1.50 is not a great loss to Cunard.

Same for every company that used to charge for credit card use but I am sure Cunard will increase fares for new bookings in the future to cover credit card charges losses.

Indeed yes.

It's already been widely reported that a number of companies have now started adding a "service charge" to all methods of payment.

You really do have to hand it to the Government. They banned credit card charges to stop "discrimination" and so companies add on a charge for everyone instead because that means there's no "discrimination". I mean, who would have predicted that ?

You really do have to hand it to the Government. They banned credit card charges to stop "discrimination" and so companies add on a charge for everyone instead because that means there's no "discrimination". I mean, who would have predicted that ?

It was nothing to do with the UK government.

It was EU legislation which the UK was obliged to enact and could do nothing to change.

Indeed yes.

It's already been widely reported that a number of companies have now started adding a "service charge" to all methods of payment.

Surely then the real losers in your situation are those who do not pay by credit card.

The amounts Cunard will miss out on are very small.

Example: we pay deposit of £100,00 on credit Card (minimum under law) @ 1.5%, with deposit balance on debit card. Final balance on debit card.

£1.50 is not a great loss to Cunard.

If you pay the balance by debit card, why not pay the deposit the same way? For such a small amount.:rolleyes:

I would imaging so that his holiday purchase is protected Under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1975

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-you’re-purchases

Is this a cheap and legal way of getting cover for the full amount if only paying the deposit by Credit Card and the balance by Debit Card?;p