Bringing wine on board at embarkation- NOT for consumption

TruRed76

We are leaving out of Rome on the Spirit in April. We will be spending a few days in Rome prior to boarding. If we purchase a few bottles of wine to take home (not to drink on board), how would you suggest bringing it on board as we do not want to pay a corkage fee for each bottle? I know we will have to “give it up” for the duration of the cruise but not sure if this should be done via security check with our carry-on or going to the naughty room in our checked bag?

Additionally, do you know if it is possible for a store to ship to our home? I know we will not be able to ship it ourselves as we do not have a liquor license.

Thank you in advance for any insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most stores should be able to I would think.

You can also ship it to yourself using any courier service (UPS or FedEX), you will be charged a small import fee. Just don't send a large amount as they may require you to get a commercial license. But a few bottles is OK. This is my plan for alcohol we purchase in Japan.

Hello there! You are on our cruise - or - we are on your cruise!!

When you bring wine on board and they catch you, ask for them to take them away to store until the last day of cruise, like the liquor that people bring on cruise.

Make sure you know the cabin number because it will happen after the X-Ray and before the check-in.

We also are spending a few days in Rome prior and a couple after (same hotel), and I've fired off an email to the hotel owner asking if he can hold one of our bags for the time we're on the cruise as it will hold the wine and food that we will be buying when we go on the Tuscany trip (13 hour) the day before the cruise.

12 weeks to go!!

Thank you for all the replies! I wasn’t sure if the security table for alcohol was available at embarkation. I’m hoping to be able to ship. That’s also good to know they can refund a corkage fee. I am not a wine drinker but plan to bring some home for gifts.

bluesea777 - we are finalizing plans for tours!! Getting so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums