First timer question...

SPacificbound

We will be taking our very first Oceania voyage about this time next year.

Our board date in Cape Town is January 20, 2019 then the ship overnights and we depart January 21 at 6:00PM.

Is it possible to not board until early afternoon on the 21st? We would like to spend the nights of Jan. 19 and 20 at a safari about two hours from Cape Town.

Obviously I will call Oceania before booking the safari, but I know many times the people on CC are a world of information.

TIA

I believe that you can board on second day (with prior notice & approval).

If this is your first trip to South Africa, I would suggest to arrange for air deviation and arrive a few days early. There is very much to see and do in Cape Town and surroundings.

For a safari you may check out Bottlierskop. We stayed there for 2 days and the highlight was an hour walk with the lions - truly unforgettable.

I agree with Paul. The main thing is to notify Oceania that you intend to board on departure day, not the day before.

The same goes if you want to leave the ship for a night or two along the way. For example, our last cruise (on Marina) had an overnight in Haifa and most passengers took the opportunity to go to Jerusalem. Most of THEM stayed in Jerusalem overnight. No problem as long as the ship knows.

We were on Marina and that first day in Haifa there were only 80 passengers on board!

Mura