Shore Excursios on the World

cruisycarol

• 5 weeks later...

They are very deluxe exclusive small group excursions more like events average pricing as I recall was $180.00 plus. One that sticks out in my mind was while in Ireland one of my times on The World we had a evening event at Jameson Whiskey Estate dinner, tour, and tasting. Another was a private villa tour of artworks with a art historian in Italy was outstanding. Went on a couple special wine tastings and and a couple special classical quartet concerts held in special locations.

Usually we have hired a driver and or private guild prior via other sources verses the ships or ventured out on are own. Many venture out on own.

My brother owns a 2 bedroom unit about every other year we join him for 2 or 3 months. We looked into purchasing a unit but decided the expense verses use was not worth the expense plus we prefer varying vacation destinations and not being tied to a cruise ship schedule destination wise. We do have the luxury of every other year on The World which is about the right amount of time for me and my wife. We enjoy being with my brother and his wife. It's the time together that makes the cruise special not the fact it's the The World. The World is nice it alone does not make the vacation. It helps but is only part of the whole experience.

Archived