Aft deck access on Zaandam:

pnica

Zaandam aft deck space on Dolphin deck and main deck - can this be accessed at any time? I have searched and can't find an answer - trying to decide on the right cabin for a South America and Antartica cruise - thanks.

No on Dolphin Deck, yes on Main Deck. Easy access from either hallway and central stairs up to lower Promenade deck. There is chemical storage on either side so you cannot look to the sides but there's a great view aft. One other thing, there's no furniture there so if you want to hang out there you might carry a camp chair or stool with you.

Roy

Thanks Rafinmd but not quite clear. Do you mean yes to the aft deck on main deck plus central stairs to promenade deck, or yes via central stairs to promenade deck. My real question is can I go along a corridor and outside for fresh air without having to go in lifts or stairs. Thanks.

I know this is not what you asked but I will share anyway as we wish we had known sooner.

Loved our Antarctica cruise- my favorite ever. Had a balcony cabin on Verandah deck near the aft. There was a door at the end of the corridor that we tried opening about half way through the cruise. Opened and stepped out- full aft view! Only a few others discovered this and we all enjoyed the quiet aft view. The balcony was great but the aft view let us see the other side too. And so much less crowded than the bow!

Enjoy your cruise. I may need to do this one again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Cruise'n'teach - now standing at two yays and a nay. And thanks Travelers07, I was going to go for an inside at the aft end of verandah deck to access that area aft, but decided I couldn't do 22 days with no window, and as a solo cruiser it is just too much to swing for the balcony.