Suggestions for a short trip to India

mek

I want to see the Taj Mahal - that is the primary goal. I will probably go by myself, because nobody else I know wants to go. I'm 67 and well traveled. Unless I tack it on to a trip to Thailand, I'm looking at a 1 week trip.

Any suggestions where to start? Because I will be alone, I'm probably looking at an organized tour and from what I have picked up so far, this is one country where it's not a good idea to try to do it on a budget, but honestly, I'm not looking to break the bank on this trip either. Has anyone had good luck with any 1st Class , ( as opposed to Deluxe or Luxury), Tour companies?

I just returned from two weeks in Africa,(which did break the bank - LOL), on safari and it might be fun to include a 2 or 3 night safari - would love to see a Tiger, but I've heard the safari experience is completely different in India than Africa.

On our first trip to India we did the ‘golden triangle’ of Delhi, Agra (Taj Mahal) and Jaipur. We booked it through a tour operator. We had a car and driver with us all the time, and in each place we visited a local guide joined us to show us all the sights. I definitely wouldn’t recommend trying to do it on your own, apartment from anything else the hassle from beggars would be very difficult. When you’re with a guide they make sure you don’t get hassled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too wanted to see the Taj Mahal. I went with a small group of singles and did not share accommodation. We had a guide and driver and assistant for 12 passengers. Distances are quite long between cities in Golden Triangle. India is dirty, crowded and totally amazing. I was there in 2016 and going back next year.

I too am an experienced traveller, 66. I would never do a trip in India on my own. It is quite confronting in many aspects.

My 12 day trip including flights, accommodation and all meals came t just under $3000 AUD.

The Indian people are lovely and it was a once in a lifetime experience.

I also went to South Africa and Zimbabwe this year so cruising for 2018 instead of land.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Gwendy