"Chocolate Extravaganza"

erniebernie

Hi while waiting in dentist rooms the other day I partially read an article about a "Chocolate Extravaganza" they had on QM2 it said they have them every voyage but I have never heard of them.I didnt get to finish article and meant to look further when I came out but forgot and cant find anything on CC about them,can anyone enlighten me please?

Hi while waiting in dentist rooms the other day I partially read an article about a "Chocolate Extravaganza" they had on QM2 it said they have them every voyage but I have never heard of them.I didnt get to finish article and meant to look further when I came out but forgot and cant find anything on CC about them,can anyone enlighten me please?

they used to have them often the QE2, and about once a week on the modern ships but I haven't been to one now for several years. I think they may do the occasionally one for special occasions but in my experience sadly....being a chocoholic...not as a regular occurrence....

They certainly have them on QM2 ( on my voyages of 2016 & 2017) although no longer late evenings. They only appear once during a crossing at Lunch time in the Kings Court. It is never advertise in the daily programme, so the only way to find out which day of the week, is to speak to a member of the 'Kitchen staff' ( no use asking any other crew members, including the KC Maitre D' )

Hopefully someone on here will back me up a recent photo or two.

I experienced this on some summertime crossings, one as recently as 2016. It was a "Chocolate and Ice Buffet" in Kings Court about 10PM: All sorts of chocolate desserts and ice sculptures. Some time was allotted for photographs before the buffet was opened.

It's hard for ships to do these special buffets due to a combination of Maritime Labor Convention restrictions on crew work and rest hours as well as USPHS requirements for food holding times and temperatures.

They certainly have them on QM2 ( on my voyages of 2016 & 2017) although no longer late evenings. They only appear once during a crossing at Lunch time in the Kings Court. It is never advertise in the daily programme, so the only way to find out which day of the week, is to speak to a member of the 'Kitchen staff' ( no use asking any other crew members, including the KC Maitre D' )

Hopefully someone on here will back me up a recent photo or two.

Photos as requested, from 12/5/17. It was very crowded and the pictures don't do justice to the spread. I can attest to the fact that no one in a position of authority will provide any advance info and it isn't listed in the daily programme. But persevere and don't miss it!

Untitled.jpg.de09c67c0b5ead329d50ba81531584a0.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg.6eb9e688abde83a86e0786e94157f478.jpg