Zaandam in drydock?

willow949

Is Zaandam going into drydock and will it be as extensive as the Westerdam? We took the Westerdam to Mexico in November and loved the changes except no library and taking all the seats out of the Crows Nest.

Zaandam is a much smaller ship. Do you think they will do the same as the Westerdam? BTW, loved the new flat screen interactive

TV and reading lights with plugs in the headboard. We always do balcony rooms. Going on the 14 day Alaska in May. Thanks!

Is Zaandam going into drydock and will it be as extensive as the Westerdam? We took the Westerdam to Mexico in November and loved the changes except no library and taking all the seats out of the Crows Nest.

Zaandam is a much smaller ship. Do you think they will do the same as the Westerdam? BTW, loved the new flat screen interactive

TV and reading lights with plugs in the headboard. We always do balcony rooms. Going on the 14 day Alaska in May. Thanks!

The Zaandam will be going into dry dock in April; the dry dock will be at Freeport. There were some employees of a contractor that boarded the ship in either Montevideo or Buenos Aires making measurements and taking photos of parts of the Crow's Nest. Speaking with them one afternoon, they said that there were going to be some decor and furnishing updates, but did not have any specifics. I cannot answer your other questions.

Thanks for the link! I was looking at a video yesterday and it didn't look like the Promenade deck was in good shape.

Surely don't know what video you saw, but just returned from the Christmas/New Year's cruise of the Zaandam, I spent time on the Promenade Deck, walking, sightseeing, and enjoying the deck chairs when the weather allowed such. I saw no abnormal issues. The deck certainly appeared to be in good shape to me.

Surely don't know what video you saw, but just returned from the Christmas/New Year's cruise of the Zaandam, I spent time on the Promenade Deck, walking, sightseeing, and enjoying the deck chairs when the weather allowed such. I saw no abnormal issues. The deck certainly appeared to be in good shape to me.

I don't remember how old the video was either, but good to know. Thanks!:)

TA sent an email saying that they received a message from HAL that there are Arrival and Departure times changes to our itinerary. We can't find any. Did anyone else get a notification like this?:confused:

Is this for May 21,2018 to Alaska? If so, we have not heard anything and we are booked for this cruise.

• 2 months later...

The Zaandam should now be in the Drydock in Freeport undergoing routine maintenance and renovations. Hopefully someone working on the ship will post some updates, or those sailing on her in the next few weeks will post updates (hopefully with photos and/or video :) )

We are taking the Zaandam through the Panana Canel next Saturday. We received a notification from HAL that due to inspections that are to take place after dry dock, our embarkation time was pushed from 11am to 1:00 pm.

Just off Zaandam 3 weeks ago. Promenade deck was fine. The deck chairs really needed a nice coat of teak oil.