Just booked another Spring Break cruise on the Elation!

ErickW

Hello all,

Last night I booked our families second consecutive Spring Break cruise on the Elation. I know some don't like the smaller, older ships, however last year we sailed her at the same time and it was absolutely perfect for ourselves and three children, budget, travel to port etc.....

I'm curious to hear some feedback of the differences on board now that she has been through dry dock. That was also a big factor, being as I'm looking forward to the feel of an updated ship with still some familiarity. If you've cruised her since please let me know!

We went on Elation over the New Year and had a very good time. The cabins are very good, everything was new in the one we had and from looking into others they all looked the same. There is a Water Works on the deck with slides that kept our son busy for the whole day. Staff were attentive and food plentiful and enjoyable. We had Cheers and although expensive we did try plenty of drinks including all the milkshakes and coffee too!

We were shocked by the location of the indoor smoking areas though and this is something that has put us off booking another Carnival Cruise, in fact any cruise where smoking is permitted indoors. We have been on a P&O cruise before in the Med and they do not permit smoking indoors. The smell of smoke carries over a lot of the ship and one venue was a no go for us. The problem was that the smoking area near the bar is directly next to 'Elation Way' which is the main walk way through the middle of the ship. We have suffered sore throats and colds since out return and it can only be from the 5 days passive smoking we were subjected to.

Elation is a really good mid size ship but beware or the passive smoking.

Hello,

I saw you booked for Spring Break. Do you mind if I ask what month you booked?

I am trying to determine when college Spring Break is, as we are planning a Bahamas cruise for 2019 with the grandkids and want to avoid the college spring breakers. It seems that most are in March and we are looking at April 27, 2019.

Thank you!

Hello,

I saw you booked for Spring Break. Do you mind if I ask what month you booked?

I am trying to determine when college Spring Break is, as we are planning a Bahamas cruise for 2019 with the grandkids and want to avoid the college spring breakers. It seems that most are in March and we are looking at April 27, 2019.

Thank you!

Yes, we booked the week of March 24th. My wife is a teacher and this is High School Spring Break. At the same time last year the cruise was very laid back and we didn’t have any problems per se with “Spring Breakers”, or a wild atmosphere. Most colleges are out the first of March, seeing as you’re planning April, you will be fine.