Good Morning from Veendam

1ANGELCAT

Just docking in San Juan . Rainy ,but sun trying to shine.

HMC was a bust , rain and storms but we were there all day.

Grand Turk was sunny and windy.

We didn’t make it to Cap Cana yesterday, too much swell to tender.

Had the glass of sparkling wine T dinner [emoji3].

More later

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Update on San Juan. The trolleys are not running,

Sun did come out. Got to 83 degrees

Long walk to the forts. There is still a lot of stores closed, but the best news is DI is not reopening here[emoji3]

Time for dinner.

Next 2 days at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being the spouse of a Viet Nam Vet, each time I read the title of this thread, my mind skips to "Good Mornning" Viet Nam. Remember the movie?

(With Robin Williams?)

Edited by sail7seas

I am constantly amazed that DI stays in business. Often, when walking by, I see 2 employees for every potential customer. That also goes for most of the jewelry stores that cater almost exclusively to the cruise passengers. Doors are open, cold air is blowing out, lots of lights and hardly anyone in the store.

Jim

I am constantly amazed that DI stays in business. Often, when walking by, I see 2 employees for every potential customer. That also goes for most of the jewelry stores that cater almost exclusively to the cruise passengers. Doors are open, cold air is blowing out, lots of lights and hardly anyone in the store.

Jim

The last time I was in a DI store I told the person who attached herself to me the minute I walked in the door that if she allowed me to browse undisturbed I just might buy something, but if she continued to occupy the same space as I do, I would walk out of the store. She continued to harass me to a point where I couldn’t even think so I abruptly left.

I wonder how much business these stores lose due to turning people off with their high pressure techniques.

• 3 weeks later...
Veendam to Bermuda 4 days , compare to ncl dawn?

I did NCL Dawn to Bermuda 2016 and then Veendam in 2017,

Veendam Pinnacle was so bad we didn't go back for the free dinner my Five stars earns me. I preferred to waste the ffree dinner than the whole evennng . IMO mdr FOOD ON vENDAM WAS BETTER THAN dAWN THOUGH Dawn was better than I expeted. . dAWN'S ALTERNATIVE REstaurants wsere good IMO Service waas good on botyh ships except for PnINacle

Moe r lively on Dawn and surprisingly, I preferrred docking at the Dock Yarrd vs Hammiltton. These were not my first trips to Bermuda. I had done a number of resort stays and a Celebrity cruise in t he past.

The last time I was in a DI store I told the person who attached herself to me the minute I walked in the door that if she allowed me to browse undisturbed I just might buy something, but if she continued to occupy the same space as I do, I would walk out of the store. She continued to harass me to a point where I couldn’t even think so I abruptly left.

I wonder how much business these stores lose due to turning people off with their high pressure techniques.

Based on some people I have met while cruising, those high-pressure velcroed-to-your-hip tactics are completely acceptable to a fairly lucrative segment of the cruiser market. I can't stand it, but we've chatted with many who are convinced that DI is the best place in the world to buy jewelry.

Being the spouse of a Viet Nam Vet, each time I read the title of this thread, my mind skips to "Good Mornning" Viet Nam. Remember the movie?

(With Robin Williams?)

Yes, very funny Robin Williams movie.....! My mind thought the same thing when reading the title of this thread....my DH is a Viet Nam veteran also!

I did NCL Dawn to Bermuda 2016 and then Veendam in 2017,

Veendam Pinnacle was so bad we didn't go back for the free dinner my Five stars earns me. I preferred to waste the ffree dinner than the whole evennng . IMO mdr FOOD ON vENDAM WAS BETTER THAN dAWN THOUGH Dawn was better than I expeted. . dAWN'S ALTERNATIVE REstaurants wsere good IMO Service waas good on botyh ships except for PnINacle

Moe r lively on Dawn and surprisingly, I preferrred docking at the Dock Yarrd vs Hammiltton. These were not my first trips to Bermuda. I had done a number of resort stays and a Celebrity cruise in t he past.

Thanks for info

• 2 weeks later...