NCL Breakaway Ropes and Slide

peteyboy37

How are they not working? Do they know when they will be working again?

They were damaged in the storm two weeks ago. I suspect that they are waiting on parts. Fixing those things is not like fixing a rope course.

Someone, getting off the Breakaway today, posted on ShipMate that the slides will be closed for the next 6 (six) trips.

I’m going to pretend I didn’t read this and just keep hoping they’re gtg Feb 2 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It should be called the Brokeaway. 9 sea days on a 13 day cruise is not what I paid for. Ridiculous.

When NCL first announced the names for BA and GA we all had plenty of fun making comedy of the names. Brokeaway might of been one of them but it took a few years for it to really be broken to this extent.

Are all the slides down, including the blue one (the one the kids mostly use over the kids pool)? That slide isn’t a “tube” and isn’t very high.

If that’s also down, is the damage that these slides sustained plainly visible?

They were all down, and no visible damage.

It should be called the Brokeaway. 9 sea days on a 13 day cruise is not what I paid for. Ridiculous.

Sorry, but all you paid for was the ship to transport you from point A to point B, which in this case was a NYC round trip. Ports are never guaranteed. If you cruise for ports, you should take a land vacation instead.

Sorry, but all you paid for was the ship to transport you from point A to point B, which in this case was a NYC round trip. Ports are never guaranteed. If you cruise for ports, you should take a land vacation instead.

Yeah that's a load and you know it. Don't make excuses for NCL.

Why then do the advertise the cruise is part of the voyage, its not just a destination. I feel badly for those people who actually love the slides, its a bummer.

I reached out to our cruise consultant. She is following up to try and determine when they anticipate having the slides in working order again. I will update here if I get anything useful.