Changes to World Club criteria from min 5 night’s to min 6 nights

Queenie1603

I had a very enjoyable New Year on the QV however I am miffed that shortly before the 5 night Cruise the criteria for World Club Benefits changed from 5 night’s to 6. I am a Platinum Members and was also told at Southampton that there were so many of us that priority boarding wasn’t available. I appreciate the logistics maybe a problem but we weren’t offered a free glass of bubbly on New Years Eve - though I gather some was available if you were in the right place! It seems a quite callous redefining of World Club benefits. Loyalty don’t count for much with Cunard.

Here is what I am seeing for the Cunard World Club benefits which are now "Only available on voyages of six nights or more."

Gold: Invitation to the Cunard World Club cocktail party.

Platinum: Complimentary wine tasting. Invitation to the senior officers' party.

Diamond: A complimentary meal at one of the ship's alternative dining venues.

In the past, these benefits were listed as "Only available on voyages of five nights or more."

Now I don't know for sure when this change went into effect. But there is a posting on this forum from May 2017 containing a copy and paste from Cunard's web site which refers to these benefits as applying to voyages of five nights or more. And the following Cruise Critic article dated September 21, 2017 states one of the Platinum benefits is "Complimentary wine tasting on sailings of five nights or longer".

Cunard Line's Cunard World Club Cruise Loyalty Program

Regards, John

Frankly, I hadn't noticed either until I saw this thread.

Wow, it is interesting how they very quietly made that change. When we booked our upcoming 5 day segment, the 5 day rule was still in place, and I was trying to work out whether to do the Verandah or Lido option with our vouchers. Now alas it looks like we get neither :(

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean there were no world club parties ?

That's been the case on 5 day cruises for quite a while, we didn't have any on the New Year cruise in 2015.

I was on the QV New Year Cruise 15/16 to Amsterdam. It was as far as I remember a 4 night trip. So we didn’t expect any recognition for loyalty. My point was that when we booked this cruise the criteria was 5 night’s but they changed it to 6 before we sailed.

I was on the QV New Year Cruise 15/16 to Amsterdam. It was as far as I remember a 4 night trip. So we didn’t expect any recognition for loyalty. My point was that when we booked this cruise the criteria was 5 night’s but they changed it to 6 before we sailed.

No, it was 5 nights Tuesday to Saturday, they probably used the operational reasons opt out. With only one sea day there really isn't time for the extra parties. People on the Mediterranean 7 day fly cruises this summer reported not having them.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, hope it didn't spoil your trip. I'd love to do the New Year cruise again sometime.

We have been on three new years eve cruises now, 2 as diamond members. We have never had the free meal vouchers during them. We have received them on other cruises.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Most of all those 3/4 day or short mini trips are almost all port intensive, the Verandah is always closed on port days. I guess they could still offer the alternative dining in the buffet area, however, some guests wouldn't be happy with that.

You are right Hattie. Just checked my old brochure. It was a 5 night in 15/16. My point is though that Cunard changed the criteria. Why does loyalty count on some cruises and not on others.

On the plus side - the Verandah was open at lunch because we missed Brugge and had an extra sea day.