Canada/ New England in July

Big bossy 1

Later in the season (late August), the risk of a hurricane increases, but other than that, the weather is likely to be very good. Just remember that school is out, so you'll encounter more kids, both on the ship and at shoreside attractions.

We've done several Canada cruises over the years and enjoyed them all. We've done mid summer and fall and both have been good.

You will love it! We went in August, from Montreal to Boston. The weather was wonderfully warm. Since it was high season, everything was in full operation, such as the Fortress of Louisbourg with loads of re-enactors that you won't see at other times of the year, and restaurants and shops were open that often close after Labor Day (specifically when driving out of town on Prince Edward Island).

Having spent two years in the Navy in Maine (real, real close to the Bay of Fundy), I can tell you that it rarely gets hot. The sun will shine, but having a jacket handy is a smart move. Be aware that the sun comes up quite early that far into the eastern portion of the Eastern Time Zone. And, there are liable to be pesky bugs, take your spray with you when going ashore.

Jim

We are booked on Veendam July 7th leaving from Boston. We chose to spend extra time in Boston and Montreal vrs a second week repeating the same itinerary. We’ve never been to either city, very excited to be in Boston on the 4th!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for your information. We have booked 14 day roundtrip from Boston to Montreal. Have heard wonderful things about Quebec City. Did check out earlier departures but sticking with September maybe try summer/spring on out NEXT trip! By the way, not Bossy. Husband calls my 20 pound Pomeranian Little Bossy and me Big Bossy.

Later in the season (late August), the risk of a hurricane increases, but other than that, the weather is likely to be very good. Just remember that school is out, so you'll encounter more kids, both on the ship and at shoreside attractions.

We've done several Canada cruises over the years and enjoyed them all. We've done mid summer and fall and both have been good.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to Sept 1st roundtrip from Boston to Montreal:cool:

Thanks so much for your information. We have booked 14 day roundtrip from Boston to Montreal. Have heard wonderful things about Quebec City. Did check out earlier departures but sticking with September maybe try summer/spring on out NEXT trip! By the way, not Bossy. Husband calls my 20 pound Pomeranian Little Bossy and me Big Bossy.

Have a terrific trip. In September you may see the beginning of the glorious leaves changing colours. Remember to check the weather in each location you are stopping just before leaving. September can still be warm. When I went in 2016, there was a heat wave occurring. Then is was cooler another couple days (pleasant Spring like temps), and then warmed up again.

Thanks for responding. Information was helpful!:cool:

We are booked on Veendam July 7th leaving from Boston. We chose to spend extra time in Boston and Montreal vrs a second week repeating the same itinerary. We’ve never been to either city, very excited to be in Boston on the 4th!

You'll love Boston. My daughter lives on Plum Island close to Newburyport. If you want a side trip Newburyport is a neat town to visit. Beautiful homes, on Merrimac and good shopping. Thanks for info:cool:

I have done that cruise, b-to-b a great many times and love, love, love it. It is not olikely to be hot in B at Harbor or Halifax, , sydney but could be a bit ttoasty at Charlote town and Quebec City. No one can tell you what the weather will be or how much color will be showing on the foliage. New England weather varies week to week, day to day let alone year to yea.r We have been aboard Maasdam on that cruise Boston to Montreal, to Boston (which is a glorious b-to-b. ) I know we were aboard end of July as tthat is my and my lat e dh's birthday

I usually wore a light weight hoodie in the morning when we we out walking but took it off around lunch time when it warmed up. Sometimes I wore a light weight, thin jacket..

Edited by sail7seas

You'll love Boston. My daughter lives on Plum Island close to Newburyport. If you want a side trip Newburyport is a neat town to visit. Beautiful homes, on Merrimac and good shopping. Thanks for info:cool:

I agree it is lovely in that area but a bit of a hike for a day trip if one has limitted time in Boston. So MUch to see and do in Boston.

Having spent two years in the Navy in Maine (real, real close to the Bay of Fundy), I can tell you that it rarely gets hot. The sun will shine, but having a jacket handy is a smart move. Be aware that the sun comes up quite early that far into the eastern portion of the Eastern Time Zone. And, there are liable to be pesky bugs, take your spray with you when going ashore.

Jim

Being from Florida, would love some cool weather in summer months! Thanks for advise, esp. about bugs.

Being in B oston on 4th of July is very fun. The Boston Pop's free concer t and fireworks on the Charles River is huge attraction. Tens of thousands of people come but they come year after year as they love it. I've not goner in years but always listen and watch on tv. ;)

If you do a back to back round trip Boston, then turnaround day would be in Montreal. Are you able to get off the ship and spend most of the day in Montreal on turnaround day?

Absolutely. We always left the ship soon atter it was cleared and had a great day in Montreal.,,,, a fabulous city and great plac e to spend the day, have a wonderful lunch and then return to the ship to sail away en route back to Boston.