Muster Drill Question

dmg1956

We are doing an Alaskan cruise on Eurodam beginning July 28 and I have a question about Muster Drill. Do they still do the drill the old fashion way, out on the deck under the lifeboats? Or, have the changed to the new trend of passengers reporting to various locations inside the ship?

Also, regarding Sail Away...do they open the front deck (off of deck 4 or 5 I believe) for sail away.

Any response is greatly appreciated and thanks to all.

dmg1956

Good morning,

The Muster Drill is done in 3 stages and yes, it is on the open deck (but no life jackets). Seattle has some noise regulations so sailaway is a more quiet one until you get a bit out of Seattle. I haven't seen the bow open for sailaway on the other HAL ships I've been on, but I've not been on the Eurodam yet (we're getting off as you're getting on).

Karen

The "new trend" of indoor muster stations is only for newer ships that do not have the space on the promenade deck to adequately handle the muster stations. Older ships that originally had outdoor muster locations will not change to indoor stations, they will remain outdoors for the life of the ship.

We are doing an Alaskan cruise

I realize this is slightly off topic, and admittedly a bit nit-picky, but it is a pet peeve of mine, so I'll throw it out there.

I see this all the the time on these boards, and the use of the phrase 'Alaskan cruise' is just not correct. The cruise is not 'Alaskan', it is a cruise to Alaska, and therefore is an Alaska cruise.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, and by all means, correct me if I'm wrong! :)

I realize this is slightly off topic, and admittedly a bit nit-picky, but it is a pet peeve of mine, so I'll throw it out there.

I see this all the the time on these boards, and the use of the phrase 'Alaskan cruise' is just not correct. The cruise is not 'Alaskan', it is a cruise to Alaska, and therefore is an Alaska cruise.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, and by all means, correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Well, there's an Alaskan malamute (that's a dog for those that don't know) so I don't see the big deal if someone calls it an Alaskan cruise and understand how it happens.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but criticizing typographical errors is against the guidelines as is hijacking a thread.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programme / thread ;)

I'm not saying you are wrong, but criticizing typographical errors is against the guidelines as is hijacking a thread.

It is more than simply a typo, it is just bad grammar, and I can't help but cringe every time I see it. :o

Alaskan Malamute is correct usage of the phrase in much the same way as Siberian Husky is, as these animals originated from those geographic regions... a cruise does not.

But I agree, and let's return to the original discussion. :)

It is more than simply a typo, it is just bad grammar, and I can't help but cringe every time I see it. :o

Alaskan Malamute is correct usage of the phrase in much the same way as Siberian Husky is, as these animals originated from those geographic regions... a cruise does not.

But I agree, and let's return to the original discussion. :)

Don't start me on apostrophe's! (deliberate misuse haha!)

Well, there's an Alaskan malamute (that's a dog for those that don't know) so I don't see the big deal if someone calls it an Alaskan cruise and understand how it happens.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programme / thread ;)

I say "Alaskan cruise" when talking about the one I went on. So there's a vote for "Alaskan":p

Speaking of "Alaskan;" :D Two Eskimos (unk if Inuit or Yupik people) sitting in their kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in their craft. Unsurprisingly, it promptly sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too

Speaking of "Alaskan;" :D Two Eskimos (unk if Inuit or Yupik people) sitting in their kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in their craft. Unsurprisingly, it promptly sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too

LOL, Copper :D:'). Jocularity - always a good thing :D