RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Wow...I am so glad I found this thread! Appreciate the personal experiences and the reviews. I'm definitely going to look into this instead of trying to do something through the cruise line with many others. Thank you!!!!

Wow...I am so glad I found this thread! Appreciate the personal experiences and the reviews. I'm definitely going to look into this instead of trying to do something through the cruise line with many others. Thank you!!!!

You won't be disappointed. This company is very well run, we've had 10 different tours/transfers with them and all went well....beginning with our first and a 3 hour flight delay and there they were waiting for us at the airport as promised...it only got better from that moment....enjoy!:)

We booked an additional guide for the Vatican through Romeinlimo. It was well worth the added expense. The drivers are not allowed in the sites. This is not just with Romeinlimo, but with all the private tour companies. I think if it's your first visit to the Vatican, I would definitely set up a tour with Romeinlimo in addition to the driver. We had several vans this last May and they let us share one guide with 2 vans. This worked out perfectly and also lowered the cost. If you have an option on your roll call to do this, I suggest doing it. Soooo incredible!

We were a group of six that just used romeinlimo last week. They were fantastic. We were picked after we docked with our driver Salvatore waiting for us. We picked up our tour guide Katherine when we arrived in Rome. Everything ran so smoothly as we tried to see as much of Rome as we could in one day. We toured for 9 hours without any problems. Katherines knowledge was incredible and her personality just made us want to do more. It was probably 100 degrees in Rome last Wednesday but that did not stop us. Thanks to RomeinLimo for setting this up and for knowing how to use our time so that we could do so much. Both Kathernine and Salvatore were professional and I still can not get over the wealth of knowledge that Katherine had. No problems and like all the previous posts I highly recommend this company. We had a great time!!!!

You can discuss it with the driver, but it might better to discuss it with Jany in advance, then follow up with the driver.

I actually sent Jany a plan for the day (we are doing a custom tour, "Rome at Your Taste") and asked for her feedback and suggestions. She did not offer any comments except that I should discuss it with the driver.

Edited by billrco90278

So they actually come out to the pier to pick you up? You don't have to take transporation into Rome?

Also, when you book the reservation, is there a place to let them know you would like to have a guided tour for the vatican? Does anyone know how much additional it costs?

So they actually come out to the pier to pick you up? You don't have to take transporation into Rome?

Also, when you book the reservation, is there a place to let them know you would like to have a guided tour for the vatican? Does anyone know how much additional it costs?

They will absolutely pick you up at the pier.

If there isn't an obvious place for the Vatican Tour guide, just send an email. We did all of our booking via email - 2 tours and 2 transports.

When we used Sarah in the Vatican - excellent - the cost was 150 euro, and worth every penny.

Just email them when you are booking the reservation and let them know you want to include a Vatican guide and ask them what the cost is for that...I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was well worth it!!

Looking into Rome In Limo for my trip. As far as Florence/Pisa, when I look at those, do a lot of them also make a top in Tuscany or is that something you have to actually request when making the reservation to do? I really can't imagine heading to Italy without a stop in Tuscany (Under the Tuscan Sun was a definite early (teenage/early 20s movie for me) and have read reviews where people saw it/didn't.

Florence

We had a wonderful tour with our driver, Vinny, and our guide, Maurizio. We opted not to go to Pisa, and instead visit two of the most outstanding museums in the world. The Uffizi and the Academy. We also toured the beautiful city if Florence, which was a picture postcard.

Vinny picked us up in an air conditioned Mercedes van at the port. He drove us into Florence via a winding road so that we could see the lovely countryside of Tuscany on route. He talked to us about the agriculture and olive oil, about the people and the history. He was engaging and gracious.

Vinny dropped us near the Academy, where we met with our guide, Maurizio. Maurizio whisked us past the lines, directed us to where to check our bags, where to use the restrooms, and where to gain express entry since we had made reservations. On on way, we passed lines and lines of people waiting to get in. Needless to say, navigating this by ourselves with 8 people, would had taken us 40 minutes, especially since we don't speak the language. This in itself was worth the cost of the tour guide. It was near 100 degrees in Florence this day. Navigating our own way to the museums in this heat and in a very short period of time (only about 9 hours in this port) would have made for some very irritable travelers.

Maurizio explained what we were looking at in the museum to us. He talked about Michealangelo, and his age when he started David, his relationship with the Catholic church and all about David. David was spectacular. Maurizio shared the history with our children, which added relevance to what we were seeing, and which I belieived it was important for them to know.

Next, he whisked us out of the museum, into the streets of Florence. We saw the Duomo which he talked about on the way to the Uffizi. Again, he quickly maneuvered us past the long lines at the Uffizi and into the museum, where we saw some of the greatest art in the world. He took us to the most important rooms, explaining the Carravagios and other important pieces of art to us, including the Birth of Venus, by Botticelli. It was evident that he has a great love of art and history. He explained the history of the Uffizi family, too.

After leaving the museum, he guided us past the throngs of tourists to a restaurant with air conditioning and asked in Italian for the host to seat us inside. The food was wonderful. After lunch and Maurizio's departure, we later took a walk towards the Ponte Vecchio, took photos and window shopped a bit. The store windows were incredible, already dressed in exciting fall fashions.

Soon after, Vinny, met us at our pre-arranged location, and fortunately, showed us where to use a restroom at a pastry shop, since we we not permitted to use the one at the local hotel. He then took us to a wonderful place for gelato, which was off the beaten path. We then took the highway back to this ship. I don't remember what he spoke about because I fell asleep in the van along with the kids after such an exhilarating day.

You should absolutely get a private guide for the Vatican. We were there a couple of weeks ago. It was VERY crowded and hot. Without a guide I don't think we would have lasted 10 minutes. We were three families with a total of 10 children ranging in age from 8-16. Guillia was fabulous. She was waiting for us as soon as we got out of the vans. She gave us all headphones so we could hear her and not get lost. She gave us great information and even several of the children were asking her questions. Rome In Limo had recommended we get a private guide and they booked her for us. The cost was Euro200 (for 16 of us).

Rome In Limo was very good. We used them for a day in Pisa/Florence and a day in Rome. We had two vans that would seat 8 passengers both days. They were waiting on the pier for us. Florence ended up being a bit rushed because we decided we wanted to climb the tower - it was well worth it. And it didn't appear they were expecting us to have tickets to the Academmia. Lunch was very rushed, but we all did get to eat and we did get into the Academmia - well worth it.

Rome was a better pace. We did speak to the drivers about wanting to have time for a nice sit-down lunch with pizza and pasta. They said they knew the perfect place. It was fabulous! They had called ahead and had a table for 10 (for the kids) and one for 6 (adults) in a separate room in the back. We had pizza, pasta, and some vino. It was all great.

Both days we stopped for gelato before heading back to the pier.

They were very professional and I would definitely hire them again.

We used RomeinLimo for the day several years ago. We saw more of Rome in that one day than many would see in a week. Our guide (Duman, I believe was his name) picked us up at the cruise dock and drove us into Rome and very close to the Colleseum. He had purchased the tickets prior to our arrival. We simply needed to go through security. After that he drove us about 1/2 block from the Trevi Fountain and we could leave everything in the car and walk to the fountain and simply walk the 1/2 block back. At the Vatican, he had a private guide already waiting in line for tickets and we simply walked up to her at the line she was in. Great private tour for the four of us. Guide drove us to a nice restaurant and we had a wonderful lunch. He called ahead so that we would not have to wait too long for lunch.

The amount we paid was worth every penny. Very organized and professional.

Sergio picked us up at the ship and drove us into Rome. He took us through a lovely neighborhood on the way that looked like a little suburb that had a beautiful park and walkway to the city. (I would have loved to have lived there, but I am quite certain it is our of my budget.) He talked about the history Rome and Romulus and Remus on the way. Our first stop was the Colliseum. He showed us pictures of the Colliseum in layers and how it used to be and showed us pictures to the Circus Maximus in the same fashion. When we went into the Colliseum, he guided us past all the lines and got us into the building right away. We were in awe of the structure and walked around for an hour, taking it all in. Before we entered, we were able to take photos of the sites around it, too.

After the Colliseum, we drove to some of the most famous and beautiful churches in the area. We visited San Clemente (from the outside only, since it was closed) San Giovani in Laterano , where statues of Christ and the apostles line the top. San Pietro in Vincoli, simple from the outside, but stunning on the inside. It contains the statue of Moses by Michelangelo and St. Peter’s chains. and Santa Maria Maggiore which is decorated with guilded gold and beautiful mosaics. Santa Maria Maggiore also contains the tomb of Bernini. We then saw the Circus Maximus, Capitoline Hill, Piazza di Campidoglio and its stairs, designed by Michelangelo, (just beautiful) and then saw Palentine Hill from above, as it was too hot to tour it this day. We then saw the “keyhole: from the Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta. We visited the stunning Pantheon and took pictures from the inside and outside. From there he directed us to a street near the Trevi Fountain for lunch. We saw the Trevi Fountain, and soon we were off to the Spanish Steps and then the Piazza Navona with its fountains, including the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, Four Rivers Fountain by Bernini. Here we stopped for gelato. Soon after, Sergio dropped us off at the Borghese Gallery for a private tour, which is where we parted ways. Sergio was terrific. He talked to us about the political system in Italy, about the history of Rome, even about his family and explained all of the sites that we visited. He also kept us on schedule. We opted not to see the Vatican this day, since we knew that the Vatican Museums would be closed on Sunday. We had arranged to stay off of our cruise ship at a hotel in Rome that Sunday night and take the early morning Vatican Museum tour on Monday. Since we didn't have to go back to the cruise port, we were able to keep Sergio until 5:00 instead of leaving for the cruise port at 3:30.

We appreciated our time, with Sergio, who is a wonderful man and guide. We would not have been able to see all that we did without him. It was very, very, hot in Rome in August and I know that we would have spent too many precious hours getting lost, looking at maps and trying to figure out which line to get on in order to get into the Coliseum. Avoiding all of that frustration contributed to making our memories of Rome all the more special.

I just wanted to add my thanks and accolades for Rome in Limo. We used their service for an excursion into Rome during a cruise in mid-August. Everything about their service from start to finish was absolutely simple, well-organized and FUN. Our driver, the charming and very entertaining Gabriele, met us at the port and gave us (my husband and I and our 16 and 20 yr old 'kids') a very full and incredible day in that amazing city. I was a little concerned when I learned that we would be in Rome on a major holiday (Aug 15 - Feast of the Ascension of Mary) and the Vatican would be closed. But let me tell you - if I had to do it again, I would PLAN to go on a holiday! There was absolutely NO traffic and we were able to get around to virtually every site we could ever have wanted to see. The day was incredibly hot, so it was also a nice bonus to be able to drive and park very near the sights to minimize our time in the heat.

We didn't really have a plan - just wanted to see as much as we could and get a feel for the city. Originally, Jany had told me that St. Peter's Basilica and the Catacombs be closed as well as the Vatican, but it turned out that they were both open. (The catacombs provided a nice break from the heat, too!) I couldn't even tell you all the sights we were able to squeeze into that day, but suffice it to say that we were totally satisfied.

Gabriele recommended a nice local spot for a quick lunch (fabulous pizza!), took us to his favorite gelato stand, and there was never a dull moment while riding with him! He was such a lot of fun - quizzing us constantly about our knowledge of Rome, history, the movies...; giving us the story behind the story on many of the popular sites; giving us little 'missions' to accomplish when we visited some of the spots... I know that we'll all remember much more of the visit and the history because of all he shared with us.

One of my favorite memories of the day was when we went to the Pantheon. As we were walking around the entrance, my 20-yr-old son suddenly stopped and said, 'I've been here!' I thought he was suffering from heat stroke, but then he explained - 'In Assassin's Creed!' - one of his favorite video games. Talk about making history live! When I told Gabriele that my son 'had been there before', he immediately turned around to point at him and said - 'Assassin's Creed! I love that game!' So funny...!

Anyway, we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day in beautiful Roma. I heartily recommend Rome in Limo for your visit to Italy. I know we plan to use them again when we go back for a longer visit in the not-too-distant future. Grazie mille!

In Rome, our RIL took us to the keyhole on the knights of Malta embassy door....don't miss it! And a street where, as you drive away, the basilica gets larger, not smaller....

We had a night tour with Romeinlimo in 2009 and we did this. It was awesome to take a night tour, since we've only taken day tours... we went by all the historical sites all lit up. We drove up to the Malta embassy and looked through the key hole. It was one of my favorite tours.

More kudos for Romeinlimo!

We just returned from our LotS Mediterranean cruise with three young kids (6, 4, and 2), and I can't imagine doing shore excursions with kids of that age and not having the help of Romeinlimo. The idea of taking three little ones on large group cruise tours, having to follow a specific pre-planned itinerary and being on a big bus with a lot of people=hell to me. We wanted our kids to experience some of these ports, but also to have the flexibility to say "Yikes, this isn't working, can we do XYZ instead?" And that's exactly what happened. Giovanni (Livorno/Pisa/Florence), Claude (Civitavecchia/Rome), and Ciro (Naples) were amazing.

We were met at the dock in each case, with the booster seats we'd requested ready in the cars. We got wonderfully personal tours of each city/area. And the drivers/ guides were infinitely patient with our young kids and helped us customize the itineraries to our needs.

At the Accademia, I had thought I'd synched my phone to my laptop so I'd have the confirmation number for our reservation handy--but I didn't. Giovanni got us to the front of the reservation line nonetheless and smoothly got us in within minutes. Like others have said, I can't imagine dealing with the hassle of the long lines and just figuring out where to go without this kind of help--might have been okay with just my husband and I, but not with all five of us! He also found us the gorgeous antique carousel in the Piazza della Republica.

In Naples, we realized that the kids really needed some beach time, so we asked Ciro if we could skip the time wandering around Sorrento and just hit a good beach. He recommended the beach at Positano and gave us a good hour there before "pizza school" in Sorrento. We had a ball!

But the top accolades are reserved for Claude, in Rome. Not only did he show us the amazing Knights of Malta keyhole and St. Paul's outside the walls (which I had not seen in several prior Rome trips), but he practically became an adoptive grandfather to our little ones. After our adventures in the Colosseum and the Forum, and a stop at Torre Argentina to see the homeless cats of Rome who now live on the site where Caesar was reputedly murdered, we had lunch adjacent to the Pantheon, and Claude told my 4-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter tales of all the times *he*, as a boy, climbed on the many ancient walls that my kids now wanted to scale. (He grew up in that neighborhood and still lives near there.)

Then he took us to the Borghese Gardens so the kids could enjoy an old-fashioned playground--and a semi-motorized rickshaw bike through the gardens. One of the highlights of their trip (when you're that age you're not all that impressed with ruins). He found bathrooms, kept an eye on our bags, and happily toted my son up onto the jungle gyms. The whole rest of the trip they kept talking about Claude and how much they missed him.

I can't say enough about RiL. They really helped to make this vacation a huge success and ensured that our kids will be happy to return to Italy!

More kudos for Romeinlimo!

We just returned from our LotS Mediterranean cruise with three young kids (6, 4, and 2), and I can't imagine doing shore excursions with kids of that age and not having the help of Romeinlimo. The idea of taking three little ones on large group cruise tours, having to follow a specific pre-planned itinerary and being on a big bus with a lot of people=hell to me. We wanted our kids to experience some of these ports, but also to have the flexibility to say "Yikes, this isn't working, can we do XYZ instead?" And that's exactly what happened. Giovanni (Livorno/Pisa/Florence), Claude (Civitavecchia/Rome), and Ciro (Naples) were amazing.

We were met at the dock in each case, with the booster seats we'd requested ready in the cars. We got wonderfully personal tours of each city/area. And the drivers/ guides were infinitely patient with our young kids and helped us customize the itineraries to our needs.

At the Accademia, I had thought I'd synched my phone to my laptop so I'd have the confirmation number for our reservation handy--but I didn't. Giovanni got us to the front of the reservation line nonetheless and smoothly got us in within minutes. Like others have said, I can't imagine dealing with the hassle of the long lines and just figuring out where to go without this kind of help--might have been okay with just my husband and I, but not with all five of us! He also found us the gorgeous antique carousel in the Piazza della Republica.

In Naples, we realized that the kids really needed some beach time, so we asked Ciro if we could skip the time wandering around Sorrento and just hit a good beach. He recommended the beach at Positano and gave us a good hour there before "pizza school" in Sorrento. We had a ball!

But the top accolades are reserved for Claude, in Rome. Not only did he show us the amazing Knights of Malta keyhole and St. Paul's outside the walls (which I had not seen in several prior Rome trips), but he practically became an adoptive grandfather to our little ones. After our adventures in the Colosseum and the Forum, and a stop at Torre Argentina to see the homeless cats of Rome who now live on the site where Caesar was reputedly murdered, we had lunch adjacent to the Pantheon, and Claude told my 4-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter tales of all the times *he*, as a boy, climbed on the many ancient walls that my kids now wanted to scale. (He grew up in that neighborhood and still lives near there.)

Then he took us to the Borghese Gardens so the kids could enjoy an old-fashioned playground--and a semi-motorized rickshaw bike through the gardens. One of the highlights of their trip (when you're that age you're not all that impressed with ruins). He found bathrooms, kept an eye on our bags, and happily toted my son up onto the jungle gyms. The whole rest of the trip they kept talking about Claude and how much they missed him.

I can't say enough about RiL. They really helped to make this vacation a huge success and ensured that our kids will be happy to return to Italy!

Thanks for adding your review, is a good one and very helpful

Rome In Limo - Great Experience - All the recommendations are correct.

For us it was cheaper then the cruise excursions because of the count of people in our group and we saw a lot more then we would have otherwise and we got great personal attention.

We had booked Romeinlimo for seven different activities. We had reserved their services last year during the holidays, so we were able to get the multiple booking discounts and prepaying discounts. It definitely helps. We are so glad we booked their services. I will have to google some adjectives to list how good they were. All are drivers / guides were very professional, experienced, efficient, proficient, knowledgeable, skilled, etc... I can not find one complaint about any one their drivers / guides. Even the guides that they assigned to us for the Colosseum and Vatican tour in Rome, and the Pompeii Ruins tour in Pompeii were beyond amazing. Having those guides were a must for us and I can only highly recommend that everyone who is going to visit these places without any history and knowledge of these places should hire guides. They will absolutely draw a picture in your mind of how it was back in the day and how it is now. They will tell you why each and every monument, picture, ruin is there and the history behind it. Not once were we bored by anybody on our trip. Not once did we we lose our drivers / guides attention. They really know how to keep you interested through out the tour and keep you entertained. We had two children, one infant and one 5 year old with us, and all the driver guides were extremely resourceful with them. I am sold on their service on how the driver / guides treated our children. They found clean and proper bathrooms when the infant needed to be changed. They found perfect places to stop when someone need to be fed and have a snack. The really accommodated my children and I say BRAVO to all of you. Next we had my father and mother in laws. To make sure they didn't have to walk anywhere, they all drove us very close to the attractions so the walk was less then minimal. They stopped every where we wanted them to for photo opportunities. They all volunteered to take our family photo every time whit out asking. All the drivers / guides had our safety in mind first. It was like they were watching us every where, especially my five year who wanted to run. At so many of the attractions my infant was asleep in the van, and they had us get off for pictures and viewing while they stayed in the van with the infant sleeping and had the A/C running for her. Naturally every time we were only a few feet away from the van. We felt completely safe with them. We left our stuff in their vans at every attraction without a worry in the world. I had an international cell phone with me, and they gave me their numbers to call just in case we missed each other, but I didn't have to call anybody at all because they were always there smiling and waiting for you. They all had cold water bottles waiting for you as soon as you returned. They never rushed us at any attraction, that we are getting late and we will miss other things. They worked at our pace, with our children. It was amazing that all the drivers / guides would be so customer attentive and oriented. Can you see the details that have impressed us.

We have to start with the reservation process. Jany was the lady who we communicated with throughout our reservation process and for every question and concern that we had. I mean I must have emailed this lady for anything and everything that I could think of. I asked her about weather, car seats, costs of items, guides, phone Sim cards and I don't remember what else. I must have emailed her several times every month for 9 months. Even during our trip I emailed her. She always responded with the perfect answers and promptly. I don't think I waited more then 24 hours ever for her to respond to my questions or concerns. It is amazing how fast she responded to calm all our concerns. My assumption is there is more then one person responding to all their clients or potential clients emails, and they all sign off as Jany. If there is only one person who is responding to everybody, WOW, then she is super woman. I had to ask every drivers / guides that we had if there was only one Jany in the office and they all said Yes, only one. Mr Duman (owner of RIL) should absolutely have her cloned. By the way, I highly recommend following Jany's recommendation on pre purchasing tickets and guides, we were not disappointed. We skipped all lines and the guides were amazing.

We hired Romeinlimo for pick up at the airport and drop off at the hotel, then for Rome in a day tour, then Taraquinia and Lake Bracciano (in Lazio), then pick up at hotel and drop off at the pier to board our NCL Epic cruise in Civitavecchia, then in Livorno to tour Pisa and Florence, then in Naples to tour Possitano, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, and Pompeii and finally pick up at the pier from our cruise and drop off at the FCO airport.

On our arrival at the FCO airport in Rome, after we collected our luggage and past customs, we walked out to an extremely crowded hall full of people, but we were able to locate our driver with a sign with my last name immediately. He was visible in the crowd of people. He took our luggage cart from us and walk us to were he had parked the car and loaded our luggage and made sure we were seated properly. He confirmed the location of our hotel and had us on our way to our hotel. We arrived without any incident and he unloaded our luggage at the door of the hotel from where the bell boy took care of our luggage and made sure that we had not forgotten anything in the van.

Rome in a Day Tour - We had Franco as our driver / guide this day. He is an amazing person. His English is great, but his love and knowledge of his city is even greater. There wasn't a question that he couldn't answer or provide the history on. He told us about everything along the way, including showing us the old wall of Rome to the keyhole to everything. He showed us everything that was listed in what will be included in the Rome in a day tour and more. He told us the history behind everything that we saw on the street and at his attraction, except at the Colosseum and Vatican (because we had a private guide for those). Like others have mentioned, he lived in NYC for three years and did work in a pizzeria. He did share his little secret of what he placed in his pizza to make it better - lol. He was absolutely great, we loved Franco. He had our utmost attention through out. Franco took us to a great gelato place also. Franco did not steer us wrong. A very great person and family man that made our day amazing. I am so glad we had Franco.

Katarina was our guide at the Colosseum and Vatican. You have to ask for her by name, you just have to. You will believe me after you have spent some time with her. There is not enough I can say about her knowledge of both places and her professionalism with our family. She won our hearts from the moment we met her. She is a graduate student who is also a guide. She catered to our kids before us. She explained everything with so much love and interest and history that it was amazing. She told us the history as stories to keep us interested. Not once were we bored or lost her attention. If anything, we were scared to blink or think for our selves as we would miss what she said. She knew how to communicate with all ages, she interacted with us to keep us happy. She shared so much with us, it was amazing. She loved our children and took care of them. She found us perfect bathroom and helped my wife at every step with the baby. She took the stroller from us to have it checked in and then brought it back out for us. She took our pre purchased tickets and got us access in to each place without a wait in line. Ask for her by name.

Taraquinia and Lake Bracciano - We had Franco again as our driver. Franco yet again does not disappoint and is amazing. He takes us on a picturesque drive and the town on Taraquinia is a nice small beautiful town. We could have skipped the Etruscan tombs, but that was part of the tour. Lake Bracciano was beautiful. Franco came through again and it was a great day. At the end of the day, he had a nice surprise for us.

We then had another driver / guide pick us up at the hotel and drop us off at the Pier in Civitivecchia. He didn't have to, but he pointed out all the sites along the way and explained everything along the way. He communicated with us through out the trip and made it fun. I forgot his name but he did all the tours in Spanish, Portuguese and French. His English wasn't great but he entertained us through out our trip.

At the port in Livorno - we were promptly met by Clara. The best driver / guide ever. She is amazing. Like the rest of the driver / guides, she loves her town and she shows it the best. You have to ask for her by name. She made our day amazing. She took us to Pisa first and then on to spend the day in Florence. Again, like Franco in Rome she drove us as close as possible to each attraction and explained everything to us before we got off so we could understand what we were looking at. At the Academia, she took our pre purchased tickets and brought out actual tickets for us. Then she had us walk with her and skip all the lines and through security with her and at the door inside, she explained how we should tour the Academia to avoid the crowd and see everything. She was amazingly correct, if you have her as your driver / guide, follow her instructions. She took us to a great gelato place. It was so good that I had to go back for seconds. This place was a small hole in a wall away from the crowded area and they made the gelato in the back. She also pointed out a fabulous Panini place, again a hole in the wall but great food. She explained everything about Florence before we got off the van in detail and showed us everything on a map that we could keep. She was absolutely great. Clara was amazing with my kids also. My son remembers her name and loves her too. She also had a nice surprise for us.

At the port of Naples - we had Giovanni. An amazingly great and polite person. He had customer service written all over. He took us to Possitano first, and told us exactly what to do and look for and he was right. Pictures don't do justice to what he showed us. He drove on the Amalfi coast like it was his private alley. He safely maneuvered through every turn like it was a second nature to him. He knew exactly where to stop for the best pictures and safely and he was right every time. Next was Sorrento, Giovanni's home town and it showed. He took us to the best Pizza place that we have had. It was raining and my infant was asleep. He drove us to the door step of the restaurant, and called inside and told someone to come out with an umbrella. Five seconds later the owner was out there with an umbrella and walked us all in to have the best Pizza we have ever had. Finally he drove us to Pompeii with the famous music that everyone writes about. He had us all singing along to Dean Martin and it was so much fun. We wanted Mozzarella from the area, so after he dropped us off at Pompeii with our private guide, he drove off to get us Mozzarella. After our tour he was waiting and he had a styrofoam box full of cheese. He explained that there was fresh cheese inside that was vacuum sealed and packed in water and protected in styrofoam. Upon arrival here, the cheese was perfect and beyond amazing. Finally we went shopping for souvenirs in the perfect place with lots of choices and competition for bargaining power. Giovanni is also very amazing and fun and loving.

Last but not least we had Silvo who picked us up and the pier and dropped us off at the airport. Silvo was great. He made sure that he seated us first and then he loaded the van and didn't want us to help loading. He asked us what flight we were on and what time was the flight. We informed him of our flight time and he said he would make sure that we would arrive with plenty of time to spare and he did. He told us that it will be on terminal five and explained the process inside which was very cool. He then entertained us with his love of Rome and the surrounding areas through out our trip back to the airport. He then unloaded our luggage while we got a trolly and he placed them on for us and pointed us exactly in the right direction. He was also very good.

Final verdict - we are glad that we booked with Romeinlimo.

For anyone checking out the tours on Romeinlimo, there is a big posting today on their Facebook page that their website is down and is in the process of getting fixed. So, if anyone is checking out their website and is wondering what is wrong, that is it. I was looking into a tour today for a land trip I am planning next spring, and I just emailed Jany directly. Said that they will be back up and running as soon as possible.

We arranged a trip in Naples with RomeInLimo after hearing of them thought our "meet and greet" arranged via cruise critic. We got together with 3 other couple and did the Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano trip. Not only did they make the planning, reservation and booking easy (via Internet on the ship no less) but they answered the numerous emailed questions quickly and fully as well as added some very good suggestions of their own. At the port, Tony was right outside, got us all settled quickly and took us off for our day. He was knowledgeable, extremely polite and very entertaining. At Pompeii we met Maria, our guide who did an excellent job of showing us the highlights of the site, and apparently was well respected by the other guides who allowed our little group to pass in front of them numerous times (a guide WAS recommended by RomeInLimo - it turned out to be the best move for Pompeii!!!) Tony took us to Sorrento, had us all singing "Amore" and gave us a wealth of information about the countryside and the town. He pointed out a great restaurant (unfortunately the wifi did not work) but the food was great and reasonable. Next Gelato, a walk through the town and we met up in the square for the trip to Positano. Again, Tony talked, sang, answered questions and also allowed us some "quite" time to unwind and absorb our day so far. He found us a safe and beautiful scenic overview of Positano (quite a feat on that road) and then lead us down to the town where we walked around again for a while. We met up at a place that was easy walking distance up from the town and started the 1 1/2 hour drive back. Again, singing and joking and answering questions the entire trip. He was fantastic. We saw, ate and experienced a lot that day, and although it was very long (8:00a-5:00p) we came home refreshed, cool and very happy. This was an excellent tour, excellent people and an excellent value. There were NO negatives at all! I highly recommend this company, their tours and listening to their advice. :)

Edited by MarshalK
spelling mistakes - oops

With all the positive things about Rome in Limo I can't think of anything that I could add. Wonderful, Fabulous, Terrific.... etc.

We booked the Florence,Pisa tour and had Vinny as our guide. He was wonderful, planned all down to reserv. for fabulous lunch.

We also booked Rome and Vatican,Sistine Chapel with recommended guide. Maurizio was our guide and Katherine the sistine chapel guide. Both were fabulous and again, terrific italian lunch.

We booked Amalfi Coast/Naples tour; this time we had Gianlucas as our guide and the most fantastic lunch in DaConstantino in Positano.

Really can't say enough about RomeinLimo. If you could give 10 Stars I would.

I'm adding my recommendation for Rome in Limo as well - we were a family of 6 adults and booked them for our visit to Livorno and Civitavecchia on our cruise at the end of August.

Because of Rome in Limo, we had the most amazing time in Italy and all agreed wholeheartedly that the Italian ports were our favourite ports of call. Vinny (our driver for Pisa/Lucca/the winery in Tuscany), Maurizio (our driver in Rome) and Massimo (our Vatican private guide), went above and beyond to make our experience a positive one.

Their restaurant recommendations were fantastic (Maurizio - I want the recipe for that pizza dough from that restaurant you sent us to and Vinny, Dad really loved that codfish dish in Lucca, which is pretty amazing considering he's a hard core Portuguese that doesn't tend to like anything not prepared by my mother!), they were so friendly and helpful and they were so full of knowledge and passion for their country!

The vehicles were very clean and extremely comfortable and getting picked up and dropped off at the door of the ship was an extra bonus!

To complicate our trip, my sister had broken her leg a few weeks before we set sail. Unfortunately, by the time we sailed, her leg had not healed enough to enable her to put any weight on it so she had to go around in a wheelchair.

No matter for the guys at RiL - they somehow managed to tailor and adjust the tour so that she could get as much out of the experience as we did. For the places she could not access (because, let's face it, they weren't thinking of wheelchair access when they originally built some of these places), they were more than happy to have her sit in the van with them and keep her company while we quickly explored the sites. I think she made Maurizio into her personal shopper while we looked around the Coliseum (lol!)

Special kudos go to our Vatican guide Massimo, who managed to get us around all of the lines in the Vatican and convince the guards to let my sister use the elevators to get around so we were able to see quite a bit of the Vatican and St. Peter's in the short time we had there (the banter in rapid-fire Italian between Massimo and the guards was also entertaining to watch). Other disabled individuals on the ship we were talking with afterwards who had opted to use the ship's transfer bus to get to Rome told us that they ended up having a disappointing time in Rome as they lost a lot of time trying to locate the ramps and met with resistance from some of the guards re. using the elevators in the Vatican - one pair never even made it inside, which was a real shame. If we didn't have Massimo there to guide us, I think we would still be standing in line trying to figure out where to go! I totally need to go back and spend a week with Massimo so he can show me the bits of the Vatican that we missed!

RiL were worth every single penny (and then some)! Book with them, trust me, you won't regret it!