Passion Island-need advice *sigh*

mitsugirly

We have been there twice. We are going on a Carnival cruise in a few weeks. Looking forward to going there again. We absolutly love this place! They used to film the Coors Beer commercial here. The mexican buffet lunch is wonderful! Last time we layed on a lounge chair. They brought us all the drinks we wanted! There is some nice hammocks also. I highly recommend this. We went on the 45 minute boat tour. I do not like the more expensive twister. A fast bumpy speed boat. Not for me. A beautiful peaceful lovely beach. Just what you imagine a Carribbean beach should be like in your dreams. Please find a way to do this. I had to make Princess offer this as an excursion. They did a lot went there. Call your cruise ship line and ask for it.

We have been there twice. We are going on a Carnival cruise in a few weeks. Looking forward to going there again. We absolutly love this place! They used to film the Coors Beer commercial here. The mexican buffet lunch is wonderful! Last time we layed on a lounge chair. They brought us all the drinks we wanted! There is some nice hammocks also. I highly recommend this. We went on the 45 minute boat tour. I do not like the more expensive twister. A fast bumpy speed boat. Not for me. A beautiful peaceful lovely beach. Just what you imagine a Carribbean beach should be like in your dreams. Please find a way to do this. I had to make Princess offer this as an excursion. They did a lot went there. Call your cruise ship line and ask for it.

I probably should have done it on our last cruise since we went with Carnival that time around, but too late now.

How did you get your cruise line to do it? I can't imagine just calling and saying "Hey, I wanna go here, make it happen and offer an excursion" :D

P.S. It's the Corona commercial they filmed there, not Coors. (But they film the Corona commercials all over the Caribbean) :)

CENTEX .... Maybe you would be nice enough to post some to the great pictures you have of Passion Island here ..... :)

LuLu

~~~~

Centex has posted some of his pics on here toward the top. The only thing is, every time I see a thread regarding Passion Island, I always get the same few pics. I want to see an album of everything there. :D :p

Mitsugirly .... You might enjoy watching this short video clip:

Google CZM-285 Passion Island Beach Break

When it comes up, click on "Watch Video".

We were there the day it was being filmed and that's really what it's like. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We have done the beach clubs multiple times and PI once in 2012. Food was fine, nothing special but not bad either. It is an outdoor buffet under a palapa so you are bound to have flies around. We didn't have any issue with clean utensils. Drinks were fine too. We were on the excursion through Royal Caribbean on a power catamaran. It did take at least 45 minutes each way. The biggest thing is that we were limited in the amount of time to stay there. We were the first set of people there and more came throughout the day and continued to come while we were leaving. Also there is no shade or umbrellas on the beach close to the water. You have to sit back quite a ways to get shade- too far back to see kids playing in the water. Beach definitely is beautiful and the water inflatables were fun. It was a great one time experience but we'll stick with the beach clubs due to being able to control when we arrive and leave and not taking so long to get there. If we're in Coz for the whole day, I'd like to hang on the beach most of the time. They did promote tips quite frequently but not any more than any other place in the Caribbean. Hope this helps. Pictures that are posted already are good examples of what is there.

• 3 months later...

You didn't say when you're sailing out again and since this post is from August it may not be needed anymore, but I just wanted to pop in and say that we just got back from Passion Island. We were very disappointed! Let me know if you want details (i don't want to type it all out if it's a mute point) :)

You didn't say when you're sailing out again and since this post is from August it may not be needed anymore, but I just wanted to pop in and say that we just got back from Passion Island. We were very disappointed! Let me know if you want details (i don't want to type it all out if it's a mute point) :)

I had a good experience there 2 years ago, but, I would like to hear about your trip as I had planned a return visit one day, but not if it's gone downhill. Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app