Awesome Price Drop on Upcoming Cruise!!!

WildcatRock

If you're cruising in the very near future check out your cruise to see if the prices have dropped. We're booked on the Pearl for the week of Dec 1 and DW just checked the prices of our cruise and discovered we could upgrade to an S4 - 2 bedroom Family Villa in the Haven for the same per person price we paid for our SF - Aft Penthouse Suite. We paid $1,399 pp for the SF and upgraded to the S4 at the same price. Wow!:D

WOW, Congratulations! That is amazing!

Thx!! DW got that gut feeling this morning that she needed to check the prices, and she did, and we got a great deal. I'm now trying to see if she has a gut feeling on lottery numbers, or on the winners for this weekend's NFL games....

Hi, same here I am on the Pearl on the 1st Dec I went from Inside to Balcony for $100 bargain....can't wait now !

That's awesome! Hey, you need to go over to the Roll Call boards and join our Roll Call. We have a great group and would love to have you join us! Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1747180

If you're cruising in the very near future check out your cruise to see if the prices have dropped. We're booked on the Pearl for the week of Dec 1 and DW just checked the prices of our cruise and discovered we could upgrade to an S4 - 2 bedroom Family Villa in the Haven for the same per person price we paid for our SF - Aft Penthouse Suite. We paid $1,399 pp for the SF and upgraded to the S4 at the same price. Wow!:D

Enjoy!

:)

That's great news! Congratulations!

We are sailing about one month after you and it's good to know when (relatively speaking) prices started to decline for you. We are after final payment and have seen enough softening to be able to walk our 2 cabins (an IC and an OK) up to O1s, but we haven't seen the prices of balconies and above decline much yet. Hopefully that'll happen before too much longer and we'll join you in doing the happy dance.

Awesome price drop. :D

We are booked on POA in February. Would love a balcony cabin....but prices have continued to increase since booking in April. A balcony is now an extra 600pp.

Just had a quick look and notice November sailings on POA have dropped significantly & December sailings have started dropping. Would it be fair to say prices start going down a month to 1.5 months prior to sailing?? If so, will keep an eye on prices for our cruise and ask for a cabin category change!

Thank you!

Edited by js4rq

Awesome price drop. :D

We are booked on POA in February. Would love a balcony cabin....but prices have continued to increase since booking in April. A balcony is now an extra 600pp.

Just had a quick look and notice November sailings on POA have dropped significantly & December sailings have started dropping. Would it be fair to say prices start going down a month to 1.5 months prior to sailing?? If so, will keep an eye on prices for our cruise and ask for a cabin category change!

Thank you!

We are on POA Nov 30 and prices have dropped quite a bit. We have an aft 2 BR family suite (SI suite), and the SE suites are now about $800 cheaper. I called for an upgrade or OBC and was told I could have the SE on deck 13 for same price but I don't think it will be an upgrade (room is bigger but only one big room and we are bringing 20-something year old daughters with us so 2nd bedroom is a plus). I was told no OBC could be offered (I did book through TA so I was dealing with them for this). I am also leery of those new suites on deck 13 since they are new and there isn't much info about them yet. I will stay where I am for now, but I am still watching the prices. There are 3 owners suites for only about $1500 more than we paid, and I might consider that;). Prices just started dropping within the past week or 2.

I see our price has dropped today. Should I call to try to get an on board credit or should I wait ?

NCL doesn't give out most of the difference in OBC. Your best bet is to see if any higher cabin categories have dropped in price to close or below what you've paid and ask for an upgrade, that way you'll get the most profit. If there are no upgrades available or you decline one, they might only offer something like 25% of the difference in OBC. After all, if it's past final payment, they are not obligated to give anything.

What comes to waiting, you can try to upgrade several times if the prices keep on dropping.

Edited by Demonyte

Ah, so it was you who left us that lovely Aft PH on 10, thought so. Thanks for that. We were on deck 8 and moved up asap when I saw that cabin available. Should be fun cruise, first time in a suite for us.

Brilliant!!!!! Enjoy your cruise. We loved our 2br family suite and I don't know how ill ever cruise in an inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It'll be difficult but just think, it's better to cruise in ANY cabin than not cruise at all. You'll do what it takes... like most cruisers.

We have a BB balcony booked on the Jewel for Thanksgiving. The price has dropped and offered me a family balcony. I didn't see it as an upgrade since the cabin was the same size. Plus it had connecting doors and was further back on the ship. I purposely booked a cabin without connecting doors and wanted midship. The next upgrade is a mini suite. I wouldn't mind that.

The price has just dropped a little again so I might call soon. The regular suites are sold out so no chances on that kind of upgrade. An OB credit would be great!

Ah, so it was you who left us that lovely Aft PH on 10, thought so. Thanks for that. We were on deck 8 and moved up asap when I saw that cabin available. Should be fun cruise, first time in a suite for us.

You are quite welcome! You'll love the Aft Penthouse on Deck 10 - my understanding is they're a little larger than those on 8 and 9. Plus, they're nice and quiet. Enjoy!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

You are quite welcome! You'll love the Aft Penthouse on Deck 10 - my understanding is they're a little larger than those on 8 and 9. Plus, they're nice and quiet. Enjoy!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Interesting thread - with prices lke this is it any wonder that

(a) we europeans (brits) get rather jealous

(b) NCL have to make money elsewhere - it is simple economics!!!

Enjoy:)

hmm. I too am on the Dec 1 Pearl. I called about an upgrade and was told it would be $800 to go from the obstructed view to a balcony. $5000 more to go to a suite!! Did I just get unlucky with the rep that I talked to? We were already upgraded from IX to OK a month or so ago, maybe that is all they are willing to give.

hmm. I too am on the Dec 1 Pearl. I called about an upgrade and was told it would be $800 to go from the obstructed view to a balcony. $5000 more to go to a suite!! Did I just get unlucky with the rep that I talked to? We were already upgraded from IX to OK a month or so ago, maybe that is all they are willing to give.

It almost seems as though you were just unlucky. I'm sorry you seem to be unable to get a desirable upgrade. Not sure why it would be that much to go to a balcony, although I can understand as far as the suite goes, there aren't many suites left anyway.

We did get upgraded from an ocean-view to a balcony but that's b/c the price we paid was what the next level up was selling for. Then we paid a small amount to get into a suite b/c, considering the cost, we couldn't pass it up. If we hadn't been willing to pay extra, we'd still be in a Balcony, which would have been ok but a suite is better and worth the cash in our opinion anyway.

Hope you can enjoy the cruise whichever cabin you're in.

Cheers,

Thanks B6ConMe. We will be happy just to be on the cruise ship. I just thought it would be nice to try a balcony. I have been on over 25 cruises and never had a balcony! We did get the suite perks once and would be willing to pay more for the suite to get them. Not $5000 more!! Oh well. Maybe I will try a call back in a few days to try my luck.