Don't come until 1:00 email...phone call too?

jetexpress

Yesterday we received the standard don't come to the port until 1:00 pm email for Sunday on the Glory. I promptly deleted it and didn't give it much thought. However, myself and others on our roll call also received a phone call today, advising that debarkation would not start until 1:00pm.

How many of you have also received a phone call after getting the standard email?

Yesterday we received the standard don't come to the port until 1:00 pm email for Sunday on the Glory. I promptly deleted it and didn't give it much thought. However, myself and others on our roll call also received a phone call today, advising that debarkation would not start until 1:00pm.

How many of you have also received a phone call after getting the standard email?

This gets asked every week. Ignore it!!!!!

We got a phone call the morning of our cruise saying that the ship was delayed and not to come to port until after 1:00PM. The phone call also said that we would be given $15pp onboard credit to cover our lunch for that day. If it's a phone call like that, then it's legit. If it's a couple days in advance, it's just the standard call/email that everyone gets.

Im leaving on Paradise today and got the email a ciuple days ago, and tje phone call last night not to arrive until 1:30. The first time they called, I didn't answer and it onlynrang a couple times, so no voicemail was left. Answered it second time and it was some foreign guy automated thing that I could barely understand lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Be aware that if it is out of Miami on Feb 2 then it is somewhat legit. The Miami Marathon is that morning and they must close downtown for a short while. The 20,000+ runners totally block the entrance to the port from 6am to at least 7am. Downtown driving is virtually impossible in the early morning which makes things delayed.

Done the run and cruise right afterwards 4 times.....this weekend will be the fifth time. (DH actually does the run part, LOL)

Edited by kewbrook

Thanks for this info. I got the email saying I should arrive between 2 and 4. I live an hour and a half from the Pride, and I just can't wait that long!:eek::D

On the pride, this is more legit then other ports... Most ships get back to port around 7 to 8am.. However, the pride does not get back until between 9 and 10am, especially in the winter.. Do not be suprised if boarding for the pride does not begin until close to 1pm... Certainly you can arrive early, but be prepared to wait.. Also, if you are driving in, you may not be able to park right away.. Quite a few times, the gates do not even open until 11:30 to 12noon range to drop bags off and park..

On the pride, this is more legit then other ports... Most ships get back to port around 7 to 8am.. However, the pride does not get back until between 9 and 10am, especially in the winter.. Do not be suprised if boarding for the pride does not begin until close to 1pm... Certainly you can arrive early, but be prepared to wait.. Also, if you are driving in, you may not be able to park right away.. Quite a few times, the gates do not even open until 11:30 to 12noon range to drop bags off and park..

Thanks. Good to know.