New Orleans-walk to the terminal?

kewbrook

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard on Julia Street. Is it possible to walk to the Carnival terminal? We have 9 of us and 1 vehicle. I was thinking the 1 vehicle could transport everybodies luggage and then park at the Fulton St garage while all of the people walk the few blocks. Is this doable??

Edited by kewbrook

It's very possible but that big convention center between you and the terminal is a problem. It's not very pedestrian friendly but doable. If the center is open you may be able to walk through it and use their elevated crossing, otherwise you get to walk across railroad tracks.

Is it possible to walk down Julia street to Port of New Orleans place and go past the Julia street cruise terminal to the terminal that houses the Carnival cruises? I believe it is the Erato Street terminal but can not get it to come up on any of the mapping sites.

I've personally walked from Harrah's to the cruise terminal and I believe it was exactly that route, down Julia. There were tons of crew members from Carnival walking the other direction so I'm guessing they have a mail drop off point somewhere nearby.

Look at the street cars though, if you aren't going to be carrying baggage they are pretty convenient. It's $1.50 per person and you only have to transfer once. They stop right across from your hotel and the cruise terminal.